PDA

View Full Version : ONR and MetroBlaster

AeroCleanse
12-30-2013, 04:57 PM
May seem like an odd combination, but has anyone washed with ONR then dried with a Metro Blaster rather than a MF towel?

jamesboyy
12-30-2013, 05:11 PM
I have not heard anyone use such combonation yet but hey it can be done, and you never know you just may came up with a new way to lessen swirls, and other deffects during the drying process

DetailedByPrecision
12-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Doesn't seem odd to me. Its the safest approach I'm terms of least amount of potential to apply swirls to your paint. In the end you are just drying off the car with a different method that yields the same end result in a safer manner.

ZeroSP
12-30-2013, 05:28 PM
I do that. Although I do not have a Master Blaster, I am just using a cheap Makita blower but strong enough. ONR a section, then blow it. Repeat till its done all over. After that I will just touch up the windscreen/windows with glass cleaner and glass cloth.

FUNX650
12-30-2013, 06:00 PM
If you believe that this "blow-dry procedure" will not
leave any ONR-residues on the vehicles' surfaces...
Then you go ahead.

Bob

ken tuep
12-30-2013, 07:15 PM
I agree with Bob. There will more than likely be some surfactants left behind. Onr isn't a spot free rinse agent, and it leaves a little something behind.

Try it on a panel, and see how it works out, then report back. You may have stumbled onto something great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

camaro2ssblack
12-30-2013, 07:30 PM
You are drying product residue on the paint. Try it on a black car in the sun and tell me how it looks afterwords. You will see the dried residue....on a white car maybe not...

AeroCleanse
12-30-2013, 09:44 PM
You are drying product residue on the paint. Try it on a black car in the sun and tell me how it looks afterwords. You will see the dried residue....on a white car maybe not...

Why would it dry on the paint and not be blown off by the air?

I'm mostly thinking about in my garage in the winter.

DetailedByPrecision
12-30-2013, 09:58 PM
I go over it with water in a pump sprayer to rinse it off afterwards.

cardaddy
12-30-2013, 10:32 PM
I dunno' about that.

Are you saying you'll use the towels to do the "washing" part, then rather than dry with yet another towel you'll take air to dry?

I'm thinking it'll spot up.

But, if you have some DI water for a rinse I'm betting you'll end up with a winner. Wouldn't take much DI then, just enough to do a slight rinse and dilute the ONR residue then quickly dry it.

camaro2ssblack
12-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Why would it dry on the paint and not be blown off by the air?

I'm mostly thinking about in my garage in the winter.

In my experience with the master blaster, a lot of the water is not physically blown off the car. Some drops blow off, some break up into lots of tiny droplets and somewhat dissipate, and some is dried in place. I'm thinking you could skip the pass with a drying towel but you would still need some type of wipe down with a plush towel to get a streak and residue free finish. Again, the negative effects are magnified on darker paint...

Andr3wilson
12-30-2013, 11:40 PM
There's no harm in trying if you have one. I think it will dry mainly clear with a few streaked parts.

AutowerxDetailing
12-31-2013, 02:12 AM
It streaks. Source: I tried it. :xyxthumbs:

silverfox
12-31-2013, 12:59 PM
I would not dry a car after using any rinseless product with air. It has to be wiped off. Try it once and you won't try it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ZeroSP
01-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Not really sure if there is doubts, but I have already posted on my last update back in months ago. I do not see any ONR spots by doing so.

But then yes, for a perfect finish, you do have to use a soft towel to give the ride a light buff with whatever QD of your choice. And this still does not equal to the residue, as I always wash the cloth by hand with tiny bit of mf detergent. There isn't any dirt coming out, as compared to if I cloth dry with waffle weave.