PDA

View Full Version : Black Label Surface Coating on Vinyl?

VP Mark
12-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I've got a client that just contracted me to detail and put the PBLSC on all of their fleet vehicles.

Does anyone have experience with this product on vinyl yet?

I've got Opti-Coat on my wrapped truck and trailer and it performs really well, didn't know what everyone thought about it.

I'm planning on ONR washing, claying, polishing (if needed, these wraps were just put in this fall), using Eraser, then applying the coating. Standard procedure.

I told the client to expect about a 2-3 year durability on the coating, and I'm hoping it lives up to that.

I've put DP coating and Opti-Coat on vinyl before with great success.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

VP Mark
12-30-2013, 05:52 PM
No one has any thoughts on this? Cmon folks :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Andr3wilson
12-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Gloss or matte vinyl? (I'm assuming gloss). I have never used the product myself and it hasn't been out long enough to give a realistic life, BUT there is no reason it would not work. I would say give'r

Nick McKees37
12-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi everyone,

I've got a client that just contracted me to detail and put the PBLSC on all of their fleet vehicles.

Does anyone have experience with this product on vinyl yet?

I've got Opti-Coat on my wrapped truck and trailer and it performs really well, didn't know what everyone thought about it.

I'm planning on ONR washing, claying, polishing (if needed, these wraps were just put in this fall), using Eraser, then applying the coating. Standard procedure.

I told the client to expect about a 2-3 year durability on the coating, and I'm hoping it lives up to that.

I've put DP coating and Opti-Coat on vinyl before with great success.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

No one has any thoughts on this? Cmon folks :)

I'll say this: it wasn't formulated for vinyl, but a lot of people have used it on the type of vinyl you described with great success.

The rest is up to you. :dblthumb2:

VP Mark
12-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks guys. Yes it is gloss vinyl. I'm going to take a bunch of pictures then update. Picking up the first one Monday.

cardaddy
12-30-2013, 08:36 PM
I dunno Mark, it is silica based (to a degree) right?

Being that it's advertised to work on EVERY SURFACE on your vehicle, plastic, bumpers, glass, paint, rubber, vinyl (even if it's hard plastic like in feeling/texture) yes there is a lot of vinyl on vehicles these days.

And; Hydr02 works great on anything you put it on.

So I'd say it goes to reason the all in one surface coating would probably work.

I thought about buying a bottle of the AIO coating. Yet with the three separate ones not empty yet, and the fact that we have yet to, and likely NEVER WILL, get an answer to the science behind the product, just doesn't make fiscal sense to buy it till the others are consumed. (Which hopefully by then will give at least some insight as to the durability of the first three dedicated products.)

FUNX650
12-30-2013, 09:01 PM
I'll say this: it wasn't formulated for vinyl, but a lot of people have used it on the type of vinyl you described with great success.

The rest is up to you. :dblthumb2:
I can only interpret this as being:
No to your PBL question, OP.

:(

Bob

VP Mark
12-30-2013, 11:33 PM
I can only interpret this as being:
No to your PBL question, OP.

:(

Bob

Don't really know about that. I've used opti coat on glossy vinyl before with great results. We shall see I guess.

FUNX650
12-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Don't really know about that. I've used opti coat on glossy vinyl before with great results.

We shall see I guess.

I'm glad the onus of doing so is not mine to bear.

Does the: Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish fit anywhere in the picture?

Bob

Just02896
12-31-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm glad the onus of doing so is not mine to bear.

Does the: Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish fit anywhere in the picture?

Bob

At least VP Mark is not a "man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk"! Lol! :-)

VP Mark
12-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Hah! There's really not that much risk. If the coating doesn't last because of the vinyl I will just apply something else. I will be getting these vehicles every few months for a detail/protection but I am hoping if the black label sticks it could help them keep them cleaner in the gaps.

FUNX650
12-31-2013, 10:01 AM
At least VP Mark is not a "man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk"! Lol! :-)
Sure thing! :rolleyes:

However:
Regardless of by whom an action was urged (even if it's urged by yourself)...
The risk of any kind of damage to a customer's vehicle is usually borne by:________________ !

Bob