PDA

View Full Version : Name That Problem

crash73
06-30-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm working on my Black 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali...

In the hood are a couple of disfigurements... one is in the shape of an '8' with about an inch and a half thick character over 8 - 10 inches of my hood; another is in the shape of a 'o'. I'm working with another forum member that thinks it is clear coat delamination. It is very difficult (as you can see) to get the camera to catch what I am seeing...

I've hit it with XMT3 at this point, with no affect or alteration. I could hit it with XMT4, but parts of the hood were repainted about a year ago (the result from a 'crash' last year - I just hope I never have 73 of them). If it is clear coat delamination, it would have to go back to the shop anyway, but I don't want to damge the hood so the shop says it's my problem. (The shop I used has a lifetime guarantee.)

What do you experts think it is (if you can see it), and how would you handle it?Feed back please

D
06-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Id bring it back to the shop.

crash73
06-30-2007, 05:40 PM
I can and will for other reasons, but I don't know that he painted or clear-coated the affected areas... The hood was not replaced; I'm sure they did some 'blending', though.