PDA

View Full Version : When to wash during a full correction

Pages : [1] 2

Legacykid
12-29-2013, 09:38 PM
So I have seen a few different ways people throw washes in. Some do it again after clay, ive seen people after polishing.

Do you two bucket, foam cannon, water/rinseless wash?

What are you guys doing and why?

AeroCleanse
12-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Never seen a need to wash during a correction

Just02896
12-29-2013, 09:53 PM
So I have seen a few different ways people throw washes in. Some do it again after clay, ive seen people after polishing.

Do you two bucket, foam cannon, water/rinseless wash?

What are you guys doing and why?

Some do a final wash after correction and before LSP, some do a wipe down with a final inspection spray, and some just apply LSP after polishing.

If there is any compound in nooks and crannies or any oily film left from polishing I do a no touch foam cannon soak and rinse. If there isn't much polishing residue, I sometimes opt for a Menz TI wipe down.

Joeyavhu
12-29-2013, 09:53 PM
I wash, then before drying walk around with the foam gun and decontaminate with a nano skin mitt (used to be the clay step), dry, then correct, followed by a quick wash, probably the easiest wash you'll do, mostly just getting off any polishing dust, then dry and seal.

theblob640
12-29-2013, 09:54 PM
I think for the people, including me, that does a wash after correction is to remove any dusting that may have collected between panel gaps and to remove polishing oils at the same time.

dooyaunastan
12-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Initial wash, especially before the clay hits the paint.

If you're using Iron X during decon, definitely want to wash after using that. Don't want to leave any remnants dripping to areas and sitting around.

Some people like to wash after compounding, a lot of people do this to get the dust out of the cracks and crevices, no arguments against this practice.

I don't see the need to wash after polishing. Just an IPA/eraser wipe down then LSP of choice.

allenk4
12-29-2013, 11:40 PM
Would it matter if you are using Diminishing Abrasives vs SMAT?

Say M105 to M205 vs Wolfgang TSR to Wolfgang Finishing Glaze

thebamboo23
12-30-2013, 12:33 AM
Would it matter if you are using Diminishing Abrasives vs SMAT?

Say M105 to M205 vs Wolfgang TSR to Wolfgang Finishing Glaze

What are you trying to ask?

should it dust if you use one over the other? or should you wash if you use diminishing abrasive but not wash when you use smat? lol

and to clerify, at least imo, you dont need to put a mitt on the finish if you're only trying to remove all the dusting from the compound/polish.

You could either rinse it off, foam & rinse, or if you have a Master Blaster or leaf blower.. just blow it off

FUNX650
12-30-2013, 03:20 PM
For me:
Regardless of the degree/level of "correction" that's to take place...
After the initial washing-session: That's it!

Until recently:
I've never even heard of doing otherwise.
And that includes using any other type of chemicals for washing-wipe-downs, as well!!

What ever happened to: Work Clean?!?!<<<{~Mike P.}

http://www.cool-smileys.com/images/2070.gif (http://cool-smileys.com//head-scratching-smiley)

Bob

Wes Bremec
12-30-2013, 05:17 PM
I blow it off with my metro and then use a plush microfiber with menzerna top inspection.

Andr3wilson
12-30-2013, 05:41 PM
If it is a super dusty compound, I rinse after then blow dry with masterblaster. Usually I dont have to.

Willy Wang
12-30-2013, 06:24 PM
I find it easier to clean all the dust by doing a super quick wash after correcting. Otherwise there's bound to be dust on the wipers and all the panel gaps and that's not how I roll ;) Also I double the dosage of CG Citrus Wash to remove polishing oils.

AeroCleanse
12-30-2013, 06:56 PM
I find it easier to use products that don't dust to start with.

HateSwirls
12-30-2013, 07:00 PM
I always wash my car before and after claying, I mean it really doesn't take much time to do the extra wash.
That way im 100% sure the paint is clean, I then use a RW before I polish out a panel , call me paranoid because I am:)
Now once corrected I only touch the paint to apply sealants or waxes.

Willy Wang
12-30-2013, 07:13 PM
I find it easier to use products that don't dust to start with.

Could you recommend a high cut compound that doesn't dust?