View Full Version : IronX question...

Pages : [1] 2

Lexi65
12-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Does ironx cause marring/swirls? Feed back please. :buffing:

Just02896
12-28-2013, 11:54 PM

Nope, Iron x itself does not cause any swirling of scratching.

Rsurfer
12-28-2013, 11:57 PM

It may cause swirls in your nose.

Just02896
12-29-2013, 12:05 AM

Lol! It is staaanky!

TundraPower
12-29-2013, 12:24 AM

OMG IronX is bad but Iron Out is worse. I accidentally got a nice big whiff Saturday and vomited all over the shop. Real classy.

Lexi65
12-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Nope, Iron x itself does not cause any swirling of scratching.

Can it take the place of claying ... Since claying does cause
swirls/marring. Feed back please. :buffing:

TundraPower
12-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Can it take the place of claying ... Since claying does cause
swirls/marring. Feed back please. :buffing:

If claying is causing swirls and marring you're not doing it right :xyxthumbs:

AaronC
12-29-2013, 12:40 AM
what tundra said. What I have learned on what process to take is, wash, clay and then iron x(due to certain areas the clay cant get to) rewash and then wala nice and clean and move one to whatever next step you need to take

Guessless
12-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Just bought some Dodo Ferrous Iron remover a couple of days ago from AG, heard it's suppose to have a better smell. Do any of you have any experience with the Dodo one?

thebamboo23
12-29-2013, 01:41 AM
Iron X is chemically decontaminating the surface of any metal deposits. You spray on, let it dwell, rinse, and follow up with clay

Realistically speaking, you should only clay your car about 1 or maybe 2 times a year max (unless you somehow get overspray on there or something). And usually when people here are detailing their own car, they'll always follow up with a polish after a clay session.

Assuming you want to take proper care of your vehicle (since your on the forum and all :D) you should: wash, clay, polish, and wax/seal and maintain the finish from there :xyxthumbs:

Patjacobs
12-29-2013, 02:19 AM
I used iron X for the first time finally today.. My nose wasn't pleased but my eyes were!

Kevin Cullen
12-29-2013, 07:45 AM
No Iron-x will not cause marring since it is a spray on, let it dwell product. If you are using Iron-x then I would suspect you are decontaminating for a correction project. Steps I use is wash the vehicle with a strong grease fighting shampoo ( dawn or any shampoo that a coin OP car wash uses in their system mixed strong). Next use Iron-x to remove unseen contamination. Then clay the vehicle ( this will be easier after the iron-x and be less contamination for the clay to pick up). Correct the paint, polish, seal and protect.

lawrenceSA
12-30-2013, 08:52 AM
what tundra said. What I have learned on what process to take is, wash, clay and then iron x(due to certain areas the clay cant get to) rewash and then wala nice and clean and move one to whatever next step you need to take

Just a comment....

I personally wash, de-tar, then iron-x and only then clay. My reasons are that I first want to remove the tar as these deposits are usually bigger in size than the iron deposits, so they may actually cover up some of the iron deposits.

With the tar out the way, I then iron-x to remove the iron deposits. This way you are not loading up your clay bar with hard iron deposits that could actually lead to marring.

Then all you are left with is contamination that is not tar or iron and thus claying will be quicker and easier and your clay bar will not become as quickly loaded up with contaminants.

Just02896
12-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Just a comment....

I personally wash, de-tar, then iron-x and only then clay. My reasons are that I first want to remove the tar as these deposits are usually bigger in size than the iron deposits, so they may actually cover up some of the iron deposits.

With the tar out the way, I then iron-x to remove the iron deposits. This way you are not loading up your clay bar with hard iron deposits that could actually lead to marring.

Then all you are left with is contamination that is not tar or iron and thus claying will be quicker and easier and your clay bar will not become as quickly loaded up with contaminants.

Yep, I also clay paint as a last step before correcting, polishing, or applying LSP! Wash, iron x, clay. Why would anyone want to chance dragging iron deposits all over their paint? Also, clay isn't cheap and last stepping with it will increase its life expectancy.

AaronC
12-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Great point of view guys, thank you for the feedback. I dont have Iron x and might add it to the cart lol and give it a try. Question is this used only to do paint corrections like mentioned before, or do you agree to use it as a regular wash but going above a regular carwash for max shine etc?