PDA

View Full Version : OPC: Most universal APC!

Pages : [1] 2

Just02896
12-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Anyone else use OPC to clean their buffer pads? I've been using it for quite a while now and it works better than any pad cleaner I've ever tried! How about in your washer to clean your MF towels? Again, I've yet to try anything that cleans my MF towels better! (I did order some WG MF detergent today to put it up against APC) Leather seats? Upholstery? Hell, I'm thinking of trying it in my kids baths! Lol! :-)

Bunky
12-29-2013, 06:12 AM
I use OPC on pads. It works well. I find it cleans as well as anything else.

I have used it as a pre-soak for microfiber especially those for drying or on glass.

I have even used it with soap in a foam gun to boost cleaning ability.

miniSguy
12-29-2013, 06:17 AM
Forgive my ignorance. What does OPC stand for?

Bunky
12-29-2013, 06:20 AM
Forgive my ignorance. What does OPC stand for?

Optimum Power Clean - an all purpose cleaner

Just02896
12-29-2013, 09:08 AM
OPC will ALWAYS be a staple in my arsenal! Stuff works on pretty much anything.

Tato
12-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Hi. Sorry to deviate topic a little, but I wouldn't want to open a new one just for a question regarding APC and related to what you're saying.

I have CG APC+. I use it on wheels, wheel jambs, engine, interior cleaning...

Can I use an APC (this one I have) on the painted surfaces, as suggested above, mixed with shampoo, or alone?

I'm somewhat new to this APC thing, and I'm really enjoying using it. However I'm pretty sure I'm underusing my APC capabilities.

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards.

Just02896
12-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Hi. Sorry to deviate topic a little, but I wouldn't want to open a new one just for a question regarding APC and related to what you're saying.

Can I use an APC (this one I have) on the painted surfaces, as suggested above, mixed with shampoo, or alone?

I'm somewhat new to this APC thing, and I'm really enjoying using it. However I'm pretty sure I'm underusing my APC capabilities.

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards.

Sure, you can mix APC in with your wash solution. Though it will strip some, most, or all LSP depending on the strength of your solution. I mix a few ounces in with CG wash clear before a correction. Works really well!

dad07
12-29-2013, 09:30 AM

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards.

I have never used the CG brand but it says on the product description that it can used as a bug remover, so I would say yes you can

Tato
12-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Thank you very much for answers. I always learn a lot on this forum, and today it wasn't any different.

I'll certainly give it a try before a correction next time.

Kind Regards.

stilltipping3
12-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Is this an otc product?

Just02896
12-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Is this an otc product?

Not sure what you mean. It's Optimum Power Clean

Optimum Power Clean™ All Purpose Cleaner 128 oz. Refill (http://www.autogeek.net/128oz-optimum-power-clean-apc.html)

Andr3wilson
12-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Is this an otc product?

No.

rjd598
12-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Not sure what you mean. It's Optimum Power Clean

Optimum Power Clean™ All Purpose Cleaner 128 oz. Refill (http://www.autogeek.net/128oz-optimum-power-clean-apc.html)

OTC- over the counter

Legacykid
12-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Sure, you can mix APC in with your wash solution. Though it will strip some, most, or all LSP depending on the strength of your solution. I mix a few ounces in with CG wash clear before a correction. Works really well!

Are you mixing it straight or a few oz diluted then mixed into shampoo?

Just02896
12-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Are you mixing it straight or a few oz diluted then mixed into shampoo?

Pre-correction, I add 3oz of CG wash clear and 1-2oz of OPC to my foam gun reservoir and then add hot water to the top. Works great to clear off most of whats left of the previous LSP.