PDA

View Full Version : Wheel brushes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AeroCleanse
12-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Trying to decide if I should get the pack of Wheel Woolies or the pack of Daytona Speed brushes.

Coopers ST
12-27-2013, 07:00 PM
I had the same question a few weeks back. What I got for responses is the Daytona brushes are great, and clean great, but make a bigger mess then they clean. When you pull them out the bristles splatter cleaning solution, and dirt and dust everywhere, The wheel woolies are equally as good, without the mess. I am now a proud owner of wheel woolies.

b0b
12-27-2013, 07:11 PM
I have Wheel Woolie brushes and are not that fond of them at all. Try these out, they are fantastic.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72371

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

KS_Detailing
12-27-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm not a big fan of the wheel woolies either. I have them and used them but I prefer the daytona brushes. I use the daytona jr for the spokes, the larger daytona for the inner barrel and the pro for the wheel well.

Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush Trio (http://www.autogeek.net/daytona-trio.html)

Also a 1" boars hair brush is good for the face & lugs

Lug Nut Brush,Clean Wheel Brush,clean brake calipers, clean lug nuts, boar's hair wheel brush, best wheel brush, wheel lug nuts (http://www.autogeek.net/lug-nut-brush.html)

:dblthumb2:

killrflake
12-27-2013, 07:29 PM
I had the same question a few weeks back. What I got for responses is the Daytona brushes are great, and clean great, but make a bigger mess then they clean. When you pull them out the bristles splatter cleaning solution, and dirt and dust everywhere, The wheel woolies are equally as good, without the mess. I am now a proud owner of wheel woolies.

I agree. Daytona brushes do work well but do splatter a bit, nothings perfect. I recently bought the Wheel Woolies but have yet to try them. When the weather becomes more favorable to car washing I'll give them a try and hope for the best.

AeroCleanse
12-27-2013, 07:30 PM
I have Wheel Woolie brushes and are not that fond of them at all. Try these out, they are fantastic.

AMMO wheel brushes - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72371)

The Ammo ones are wheel woolies

Andr3wilson
12-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Wheel woollies are a love hate for me. Some wheels they are great on (no fling is nice), but I don't have a single one the can fit in between big brakes and the barrel. They collect dust in my shop - might use them once or twice this year. Sucks too because they aren't exactly cheap

tpr1634
12-27-2013, 07:49 PM
I have both.:dblthumb2:

lazyjet
12-27-2013, 07:50 PM
there are a few techniques to minimize the splatter that the dayton/ez detail brushes create but yea they are a mess.

haven't got around to purchasing wheel woolies yet because at that price point i always end up buying something else lol. I do want to give them a try though.

Evan.J
12-27-2013, 07:54 PM
The Ammo ones are wheel woolies

The those ones are bridled glue brushes so a little different but both are great. :dblthumb2:

I have the Wheel woolies, Daytona Speed masters and to be honest I use them all depending on what car I am working on. You will find that some cars have more space than others when it come to the brake caliper and wheel barrel space. Some have a lot and some have very little.

If I were you I would start off with the Daytona speed master brushes as they can do everything you would need.

jamesboyy
12-27-2013, 08:00 PM
The Daytona speed master is a great brush but can be a bit messy but buy which ever one suits your happiness for now cause in the long run you will have the speed master, wheel woollies, and almost every other wheel brush its a natural occurrence, and each brush will have its use in my IMO

KillaCam
12-27-2013, 08:17 PM
I have the Daytona and the jr and I just bought the wheel whoolies because I was tired of the splatter from the Daytona. I think the whoolies have more uses since they come in three different sizes too.

b0b
12-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Sorry for not reading thread all the way through... Oops. My brain showed me Wheel Woolie and brush and thought you were referring to the actual brushes and not the tools used to get all the wheel. My bad! I use Daytona brushes for the inside of Wheel and I use the ammo brushes for the face of the wheel as well as the tight spaces in between the spokes.

I love my Daytona brushes though!

KS_Detailing
12-28-2013, 06:39 AM
I don't have the splatter problem others are experiencing with their daytona brushes. Just go nice and slow. If you brush fast it will splatter. I spray some Iron-x, slowly agitate, rinse, then re wash. After re washing most the dirt is gone so its a cleaner working surface.

JamRWS6
12-28-2013, 11:36 AM
I use the Daytona brushes with two buckets. Bucket 1 filled with a Dawn mixture ( or other wash of your choice) and bucket 2 filled with clean water. Spray the wheel with water and then your favorite APC ( I use optimum power clean). Dip the Daytona brush in the soapy solution and then go to work on the barrel, spokes and insides. If the brush is getting dirty, dip in bucket 2 to clean and then dip in bucket 1 and go back to work. This minimizes the nasty spray from the brush. I also use a 1" boars hair in the same fashion for the outer spokes and lugs. Using rinseless is just too dirty when dealing with brake dust and road grime on the wheels. When done just spray it down with the water hose. I always clean the wheels and fender wells first and then come back with a rinseless wash. ( I've been using ONRWW)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)