PDA

View Full Version : Untapped source?

Pages : [1] 2

AeroCleanse
12-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Not sure if anyone else has thought of this, but it came to me a few days ago. That being detailing for banks, etc. Detailing cars they reposes.

jmfp
12-27-2013, 06:41 PM
I have a credit union I detail the repos for. None of the banks in my area physically take possession of the vehicle after repossession, but the credit unions do. There is another one in my town I'm going to go after next week

AeroCleanse
12-27-2013, 07:31 PM
I have a credit union I detail the repos for. None of the banks in my area physically take possession of the vehicle after repossession, but the credit unions do. There is another one in my town I'm going to go after next week

Funny, the one I am making contact with is a credit union. :xyxthumbs:

Just02896
12-27-2013, 07:40 PM

Are they reasonable with pricing? Do they pay your price or do they try to cap you?

pikiki
12-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Did auction places do detailing on their cars??
Sorry if is a stupid question.

Just02896
12-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Did auction places do detailing on their cars??
Sorry if is a stupid question.

I'm pretty sure owners bring their cars to auctions to sell and the house gets a fee or cut. I don't think the auction house owns or is responsible for the vehicle. Maybe I'm wrong?

jmfp
12-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Are they reasonable with pricing? Do they pay your price or do they try to cap you?

I just charge them $100. I basically do a wash & wax with an interior spruce. I like doing their cars better than dealer cars. They aren't picky at all. Usually a little over a 2 hour job.

jmfp
12-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Funny, the one I am making contact with is a credit union. :xyxthumbs:

Yep. Go after credit unions. I repossessed cars for over a year. Some credit unions have silent auctions on repossessed vehicles and the vehicle sits on their property until a certain date. They get them cleaned up, so they can bring a higher price. If a reserve is not met, the car goes to auction.

Bigger banks hire a repo company. The car will sit on their lot and accrue storage fees. If the person cannot afford to catch up on payments and all fees, the car is taken to an auction and detailed there.

I've never seen a regular bank get detailing outside of the auction.

AeroCleanse
12-27-2013, 11:57 PM
I just charge them $100. I basically do a wash & wax with an interior spruce. I like doing their cars better than dealer cars. They aren't picky at all. Usually a little over a 2 hour job.

Doesn't sound like much of a detail. They probably need claying and polishing as well.

AaronC
12-28-2013, 12:03 AM
good idea

Romans5.8
12-28-2013, 12:10 AM
An auction probably isn't a bad place to network. Whether it's the bank, repo-company, OR dealer that buys it at auction or from the banks, someone in that chain may pay for that car to be detailed- so why not market to all three of them?

jmfp
12-28-2013, 12:49 AM
Doesn't sound like much of a detail. They probably need claying and polishing as well.

Almost every car needs claying and polishing, the service we agreed on is what i stated. Sometimes I give them a claying and zip around it with an AIO or polish and spray wax for free out of appreciation for their business. I'd love to do high end detailing to all of them, but I'm not in the business of losing money

jmfp
12-28-2013, 01:22 AM
An auction probably isn't a bad place to network. Whether it's the bank, repo-company, OR dealer that buys it at auction or from the banks, someone in that chain may pay for that car to be detailed- so why not market to all three of them?

Auctions have their own detailing staff. Generally only dealers can buy cars at most auctions. You might be able to pick up some dealer clients at the auction though. Most dealers get the car detailed after they buy it at the auction because it is a low quality detail it receives there.

AeroCleanse
12-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Almost every car needs claying and polishing, the service we agreed on is what i stated. Sometimes I give them a claying and zip around it with an AIO or polish and spray wax for free out of appreciation for their business. I'd love to do high end detailing to all of them, but I'm not in the business of losing money

I would price each car individually based on the condition, as they aren't paying retail prices.

FUNX650
12-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Another "Untapped Source"?

Don't forget that Funeral Homes have transportation-vehicles.

NOTE: (Even though folks are dying to get in):
For the Funeral Homes' Customers vehicles...Payment in advance is a given.

Bob..."We put the FUN in Funerals"!