PDA

View Full Version : polishing and waxing

gary vertuno
12-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone,
Question about polishing, It seems 2 out of thee jobs I have I have to do it in the sun. I know that I can not get the best results but my hands are tied. Is there a polish and wax that can be worked in the sun or what other suggestions can be used.
Thanks in advance
Gary

2shiny
12-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Poorboys World polishes and waxes/sealants are designed to be used in the sun. have a look at their products.

jankerson
12-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Megs ULW can be used in the Sun..

Also Megs Detailer Line D156 Synthetic Spray Wax can be used in direct sunlight.

Also Megs Detailer Line D157 Synthetic and it's wipe on wipe off, can be applied by hand or DA Polisher.

Polish, well go with M205 and keep the work area small.... And or section passes less....

I smell bacon
12-28-2013, 12:42 PM
I use Poorboys world products and get great results. I've won several trophies at car shows by using SSR1, Black hole, EX-P and then QD+

dchristo
12-28-2013, 01:30 PM
why not buy a canopy ?...you can get them from $75 to as much as you want to spend.plus its better for you.

http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/2/215732_ts.jpg

pld
12-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Megs ULW can be used in the Sun..

Also Megs Detailer Line D156 Synthetic Spray Wax can be used in direct sunlight.

Also Megs Detailer Line D157 Synthetic and it's wipe on wipe off, can be applied by hand or DA Polisher.

Polish, well go with M205 and keep the work area small.... And or section passes less....
I was going to go the D157 route until I found out how bad it stains the trim:nomore:I decided on Optimum Hyper Polish instead.

jankerson
12-28-2013, 03:12 PM
I was going to go the D157 route until I found out how bad it stains the trim:nomore:I decided on Optimum Hyper Polish instead.

I use D156 personally, works great after AIO's to boost protection. :xyxthumbs:

And for quick wash and wax, it works great too as a drying aid and it's waxed after. :xyxthumbs:

And no it doesn't stain trim, also works great on glass...

pld
12-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Sorry, I'm thinking D151 AIO, NOT D157, my bad.:xyxthumbs:

pld
12-28-2013, 03:35 PM
How does the Megs D156 rate with DG aqua wax; I still have half a gallon left of DG to use.

jankerson
12-28-2013, 03:42 PM
How does the Megs D156 rate with DG aqua wax; I still have half a gallon left of DG to use.

Never used Aqua wax... So I couldn't say...

Brace1
12-28-2013, 04:32 PM

I raised a similar question here (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/71405-seeking-opinions-v7-aw.html) except I started out with V7 vs AW. With many responses pointing to D156 I decided to give it a shot and bought a gallon. First use was yesterday, so I can't fully compare yet to AW since I don't know longevity, but application was pretty easy just as easy as AW. I think as many others have indicated you can't go wrong with either one (D156 or AW).

jankerson
12-28-2013, 07:02 PM
I raised a similar question here (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/71405-seeking-opinions-v7-aw.html) except I started out with V7 vs AW. With many responses pointing to D156 I decided to give it a shot and bought a gallon. First use was yesterday, so I can't fully compare yet to AW since I don't know longevity, but application was pretty easy just as easy as AW. I think as many others have indicated you can't go wrong with either one (D156 or AW).

All I know is that D156 is an awesome drying aid and leaves a really slick high gloss finish... :xyxthumbs:

You can wipe the whole car down with it, windows, trim, everything.... Except tires... LOL :D

custmsprty
12-28-2013, 07:20 PM
why not buy a canopy ?...you can get them from $75 to as much as you want to spend.plus its better for you.

http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/2/215732_ts.jpg

canopies don't cover enough of the vehicle, just look at the angle of the sun in the picture you posted, it's shading areas where the vehicle wouldn't even be.

AutowerxDetailing
12-28-2013, 07:21 PM
If the panel temps can handle it, D300 isn't too bad to work with in direct sunlight. There are enough lubricating/carrier oils in the compound that it actually still gives you a decent working time even in higher temps & low humidity scenarios. I wonder if the new DA MF finishing polish will have similar characteristics?

Oh and D156 is the bomb!