PDA

View Full Version : Mytee Big B.O.S.S. Sprayer! Input please!

Pages : [1] 2

BeachZone
12-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I'm very interested in purchasing this machine. I am curious to know if anyone here uses it with their business and what their thoughts are on it as well!

Positives/Negatives would be great!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/66217-mytee-big-boss-rechargeable-solution-sprayer.html

^^Link to Mike's post^^

Mytee Big BOSS Rechargeable Solution Sprayer 6002 (http://www.autogeek.net/mytee-big-boss-solution-sprayer.html)

^^Link to Product info on AG^^

Thanks in advance!

-Beach

BeachZone
12-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Nevermind.... I pulled the trigger and bought it anyway lol

Thanks Nick!!:dblthumb2:

-Beach

master detailer
12-27-2013, 04:37 PM
lol I can pump the 15.00 one just fine and save 385.00

swanicyouth
12-27-2013, 04:40 PM
lol I can pump the 15.00 one just fine and save 385.00

Lol.

BeachZone
12-27-2013, 04:41 PM
I can pump my $10 one just as easily as yours and have been doing it well for over a year... But when going mobile and doing multiple vehicles, the pump sprayer doesn't seem as efficient now does it? lol

-Beach

Joe@Superior Shine
12-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Mine works great except, the on demand pump is acting up. It doesn't turn off every time when I release the trigger.

I added a longer hose (regular not coiled) and switched the sprayer tip with something much finer as I am using it with a waterless wash.

My quick review ---> Waterless vehicle washing with the Mytee BOSS! - YouTube (http://youtu.be/0aV-pFBuBK0)

BeachZone
12-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Thank you for your response Joe!
Your vid is one of the first ones I watched. As a matey of fact, I was planning on contacting you regarding the modifications you did to your machine...

Can you share where you sourced the fine mist nozzle and hose from? I am super anxious to get this thing in and put it to use!

Thanks in advance,

-Elijah

Mine works great except, the on demand pump is acting up. It doesn't turn off every time when I release the trigger.

I added a longer hose (regular not coiled) and switched the sprayer tip with something much finer as I am using it with a waterless wash.

My quick review ---> Waterless vehicle washing with the Mytee BOSS! - YouTube (http://youtu.be/0aV-pFBuBK0)

Joe@Superior Shine
12-30-2013, 01:42 AM
I found tips at my local pressure washer store. I bought the smallest tip with a 45 degree fan they had. The hose was bought at a local hose shop. The hose is 25 ft long and isn't coiled.

Radarryan
12-30-2013, 01:57 AM
Congratulations on your purchase. I noticed it comes with a lifetime limited warranty. Seeing as the issues a fellow AGO member was having with Mytee, I would look into just exactly what they cover and not, and the duration of said coverage. Hate to have you get hosed (no pun intended.)

Let us know how you like it! Happy detailing!

Joe@Superior Shine
12-30-2013, 02:51 AM
One reason I went plug in model is because other than the plastic housing everything else can be bought off the shelf somewhere. I didn't trust the rechargeable battery unit. My plug in model works perfect off a small inverter plugged into a 12V cigarette lighter.

BeachZone
01-06-2014, 11:09 AM
I found tips at my local pressure washer store. I bought the smallest tip with a 45 degree fan they had. The hose was bought at a local hose shop. The hose is 25 ft long and isn't coiled.

Great, Thank You. I'll have to check out what I have available locally

Congratulations on your purchase. I noticed it comes with a lifetime limited warranty. Seeing as the issues a fellow AGO member was having with Mytee, I would look into just exactly what they cover and not, and the duration of said coverage. Hate to have you get hosed (no pun intended.)

Let us know how you like it! Happy detailing!

Thank you! I'm super excited! Now hopefully it shows up soon!

I have tried to follow the thread you are speaking of and it was definitely a concern when purchasing this unit. I gave Mytee a call and asked the gentleman on the line if he could go over the warranty that comes with this specific item... I got this response...

"Our warranty info is on the Website"

...He acted as if I was bothering him and his customer service was terrible. Didn't introduce himself and was NOT friendly at all. Dull, boring, and irritated was what I got from that.

I wish there was another company I could've bought from instead because Mytee has left a awful taste in my mouth and I wish I didn't give them my money.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this machine gives me years of problem-free use!

I will most definitely let you know how I like it!

One reason I went plug in model is because other than the plastic housing everything else can be bought off the shelf somewhere. I didn't trust the rechargeable battery unit. My plug in model works perfect off a small inverter plugged into a 12V cigarette lighter.

I had the same concern about the rechargeable model but really wanted the 5gal capacity :(

-Beach

Shakabruddah808
06-15-2015, 10:06 AM
I'm getting tired of always having to lug all of my detailing stuff to and from the local coin-op car wash. Seems a heckuva lot easier to have this cordless baby. But the price is kinda steep. Wish the Nomad 18v unit was still available. My CEO (aka my wife) is never going to approve a $500 purchase. I wonder what other options are available? Guess it's time to do a web search! LOL

sweatthedetails
03-04-2016, 11:58 AM
I know this is an old thread, anyone else have any experience with this machine. Is it sufficient for a pre rinse before doing a rinsless?

AutowerxDetailing
03-04-2016, 02:24 PM
I have one that's similar from a company called Ivation. It has about the same PSI as this machine and works great for rinsing jambs, wheels, and pre-rinsing grime from lower panels before an ONR wash. I use it the most to apply clay lube. I've been having terrible pain in my thumb/wrists so squeezing a spray bottle 100+ times to clay a car was just killing me. This thing makes it effortless.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-04-2016, 02:46 PM
I brought the rechargeable one, and love it. Mine has a 5 gallon reservoir. I use it mostly for wheels, tires, wheel wells, and presoaking nasty lowers before rinseless washing. Its more than worth it. I have a 5 gallon bucket with gamma laid that I keep filled with water for refill as needed. I recommend using ONR rinseless water in it or altered water for longer life. I have a nice filter attached to my home water hose that i use to fill mine.