PDA

View Full Version : best product for my black powdercoated wheels.

n8te81
12-26-2013, 11:52 PM
I have some not so cheap black wheels which are powdercoated wheels and i always have a difficult time with brake dust and dirt. I see the paste like from DP and waxes and things but then again i see things like the spray like the new pinnacle black label coating. I wanted something that would make them easier to clean and longer lasting. Not sure if anything brightens the shine as well or just mainly used for protection.

jamesboyy
12-27-2013, 12:20 AM
I would opti-coat the wheels but a cheaper solution would be to use any paint sealent you have or try klasse high gloss sealent as for cleaning I would clean them with Chemical guys Diablo or groits wheel cleaner ...good luck

n8te81
01-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Would DP wheel coating and others like that be better then putting a wax on my wheels or a sealant??

Rsurfer
01-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Would DP wheel coating and others like that be better then putting a wax on my wheels or a sealant??

Yes, most wheel coating can take the high heat of your wheels. Another good choice is Blackfire Metal Sealant, but Opti Coat would be the most durable.

n8te81
01-06-2014, 01:41 PM
metal sealant on powdercoated wheels?? And is there a link to the opti coat??

Rsurfer
01-06-2014, 01:52 PM
metal sealant on powdercoated wheels?? And is there a link to the opti coat??

It's called a metal sealant, but can be used on painted wheels. Just search Opti Coat for wheels. You tube should have some vids.