PDA

View Full Version : feeler thread- 2006 nautical blue metallic scion tC

Pages : [1] 2

Neothin
06-05-2006, 12:44 PM
So i've been offered a hell of a deal on a 1 year old G35 coupe w/ 6speed, aero package, and navi... I'd love to go drive that around, but alas my tC is still in the driveway. This is just to see what I could possibly get for the car. Nothing is for certain yet, i dont even know if i want the infiniti for sure yet, i'm just testing the waters.

7,850 miles on the car

Power mods-
Black Injen Intake
MMW Header/S-pipe
Custom 2.5" exhaust w/ dual 18" resonators welded in
NST UD crank, OD alternator, and LW water pump pullies
Ingall's ETD

Suspension mods-
Tein S-Tech springs
Hotchkis Front/Rear swaybars
DC Sprts front strut bar

Wheels/Tires-
18x7.5 Enkei RP02's in a silver finish
225/40/18 Falken Azeni ST115's (about 3k on them)

Interior-
Painted gauge surround, door panel handles, cneter console, HVAC, radio cover, and shifter trim piece to nautical blue
OBX Sport pedals
hidden center seat belt in the rear seat

Body mods-
RS1 lip kit
ebay spoiler
red reverse light overlays
red TBL overlay
PIAA 2100XT driving lamps
Silverstar hi/lo
clear LED turn signals (light up amber)
clear corners
clear led sidemarkers (light up hyper white)
blue parking lights
custom black mesh grills
Dr_Isotope radiator shroud
redline tuning quiklift elite hood shock
honda element antenna
umnitza DDE's
28% front/ 18% rear window tint

I love my car, don't get me wrong. The scion community is great, it's just that the G35 is a far nicer car, more comfortable, quicker, and will be a better highway cruiser, than my tC is.

I know i more than likely won't find anyone here, but hey, no problem trying i suppose.

Meghan
06-05-2006, 01:17 PM
I think you are missing a mod that you have done to the car. Remember that special "sealant" you put on the drivers side door a few weekends ago. ;) That would really bump up the asking price! :p

Neothin
06-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Meghan... SHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Meghan
06-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Meghan... SHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Well that was a little "trashy" of me wasn't it?! LOL :eek:

Surfer
06-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Shouldn't even be a question, just sell and switch, heh :D . Are you interested in the 4dr version? Reason I ask is it's one of the few sedans with some "sport" in it unlike other sport sedans, and you can still get the 6 speed manual while having more room. I like my V8 trucks and sports cars, but I happen to like the new G35 Sedan comming out for 07', looks nicer, and the interior is way better, my sister might be ordering one. Though she's still interested in the new 3 series coupe with the TT I6 so we'll see what happens.

Neothin
06-05-2006, 02:32 PM
nah, i dont have a need for 4 doors. the coupe that i was offered is sexy as hell anyways. a gorgeous black, some swirling yes, but nothing a little work couldn't correct. some beautiful 7 spoke chrome wheels to go along with it.

2005 w/ a tad over 13k on the odo for 28.5k alot yes, especially with me going to college come august, but if i can get 20k+ for the tC, i have the remaining amount in savings and still have a little left over afterwards.

Meghan
06-05-2006, 02:37 PM
nah, i dont have a need for 4 doors. the coupe that i was offered is sexy as hell anyways. a gorgeous black, some swirling yes, but nothing a little work couldn't correct. some beautiful 7 spoke chrome wheels to go along with it.

2005 w/ a tad over 13k on the odo for 28.5k alot yes, especially with me going to college come august, but if i can get 20k+ for the tC, i have the remaining amount in savings and still have a little left over afterwards.
I think I am going to apply at Norris':(

Surfer
06-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Pssshh, might as well pony up a little more and grab a used C5 ZO6. One of the guys at the office wasn't even looking to buy another car but found an 03' Z for 33K in great condition, even had intake/headers/Borla Stinger exhaust, Damn car is loud as hell. And it's great on gas suprisingly lol. I've seen 01's for a little less then what your looking at.

Just throwing that suggestion up, make it a little tougher for you, maybe Killr will chime in;)

SnipeJDM
06-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Get a Lightning. Faster, cheaper, great following, and practicality of a truck. Just kidding. Go for the G. My bud has one and it's a great car.

Neothin
06-05-2006, 03:29 PM
lightnings also get like 15 mpg... i can expect almost 30 on the highway with the g35. And that g35/350z exhaust tone, *drool*

again, i'm not even completely sure. that is alot of money by anyones standards, especially for an 18 y/o college student. i'll see what it's like tommorow afternoon when i go down to stuart for the test drive, hey, i might even swing by the geek :P

SnipeJDM
06-05-2006, 03:36 PM
My friend gets around 17-18 mpg with his G. He drives pretty aggresively though.

Surfer
06-05-2006, 04:07 PM
lightnings also get like 15 mpg... i can expect almost 30 on the highway with the g35. And that g35/350z exhaust tone, *drool*
30 maybe cruising at 55 :D , there's a jr lawyer down the hall who has one with some mods so I just talked to him. He get's around what was said before, about 17 city and 24 highway. He has some kind of intake and other mods, and HKS exhaust I think. I'm not really into the whole jap scene lol, so the names he threw off to me made no sense LOL. Personally I think the G sounded better stock, too loud and raspy now.

You just might be able to swing a used 01/02 Z06 since you want a coupe anyway. Insurance should actually be similar. You'd have a great car for daily/track use, pretty comfortable (then again your talking to a guy who finds Vipers to be comfortable lol), and the LS6 is a great engine, would get even better mileage lol.

We're gonna make Neo go broke:p

Neothin
06-05-2006, 04:13 PM
convincing the parents to let me go buy a car that's more expensive than their own by like 6,000 dollars is going to be a task by itself, I don't think the term v8 should come up in that conversation lol. Though the power would be nice, i think the G35 is a sexier car.

ScottB
06-05-2006, 06:18 PM
http://www.iforged.com/albums/album05/g35day1.jpg
http://www.iforged.com/albums/album05/nismog35.jpg

Wait till they see the bill on a set of Iforged 3pc Wheels. I disagree on it being sexier than a Vette, it just seems a little more middle grounded (softer)for men and woman alike. I would consider it based on price ... but not for sitting around the college campus. Dont buy it unless you plan on driving it.

abrcrombe
06-05-2006, 07:20 PM
g35 is easily one of the better looking cars on the road. GET IT AND DON'T LOOK BACK! It is miles ahead of a TC. Just my opinion.