PDA

View Full Version : I-Phone.. Did anyone get one at launch?

Pages : [1] 2

ehuth1
06-30-2007, 08:13 AM
I would like a review from someone that has this phone, as to it looks pretty dang impressive. I've had the same TREO 650 for about 2 years and I'm ready to upgrade. I've never owned a MP3 player so this would be cool to.

Thanks for any responses.

http://images.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/images/activation_hero20070626.png

supercharged
06-30-2007, 08:18 AM
I'll keep an eye on this thread, as I wanted to get one for my girlfriend.

Truls
06-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Saw there was a pretty long que outside the appel store in NY on the news, even a Norwegian that was there to get one of the first phones.

Just got myself a htc phone, and that one got all i need, but the I-Phone looks cool too

supercharged
06-30-2007, 11:25 AM
I do like it's touch screen design, but considering that most of phones are made in China (meaning not the best dependability), and cellular provider not offering insurance on such expensive phone touch screen is scary.

pt91
06-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Everyone buy two. I own some apple stock.
I will probably get the next generation with more storage.

ScottB
06-30-2007, 12:00 PM
600.00 and they say even the modest user will need to upgrade to the tune of 1000.00 or more additional funds to truly use the phone as designed. Wait till a truck full gets stolen and sold on Ebay unlocked for peanuts.

orngez
06-30-2007, 12:14 PM
i have a thing with first generation technology...i always wait till version 2 or 3 before i make my decisions...just look at the motorola razr...it on like version 5 and still sucks...

Surfer
06-30-2007, 12:29 PM
600.00 and they say even the modest user will need to upgrade to the tune of 1000.00 or more additional funds to truly use the phone as designed. Wait till a truck full gets stolen and sold on Ebay unlocked for peanuts.Agree, I actually had a client the other day ask me if I was getting one but I'm not. Its more of a phone for somebody into mulitmedia I have a Cingular 8525 that blows away the other windows/pda type phones, powerful, and so many adaptions for programs, and keyboard rocks.

Touch screens get dirty too quickly, screen will look like s smudge fest in a couple hours, I have a small polishing cloth I bring with me and keep in the office and truck. But on my phone I don't have to use just the touch screen.

Meghan
06-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Surfer I want one!:mad:

CalgaryDetail
06-30-2007, 01:46 PM
I want one. I think they are cool however having said that i am going to wait till the bugs are worked out before i spend the money

Dust2Glory
06-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Ehuth it not a good idea for a detailer to have a phone like that. i have the moto q. but if your detailing and your sweat gets on that phne you in big trouble. i worked for alltel for 2 yrs and detailers and phones don't mix too well.

ltoman
06-30-2007, 01:58 PM
It is certainly not happening here!! They sure look cool though!!
Surfer, go get one for Meghan!

shadybreal
06-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Ehuth it not a good idea for a detailer to have a phone like that. i have the moto q. but if your detailing and your sweat gets on that phne you in big trouble. i worked for alltel for 2 yrs and detailers and phones don't mix too well.

I totally agree. I use a razor and it's about to die after being held against a sweaty face 8 hours a day. I can't find a blue tooth that works well either. They all make me sound like I'm in a tunnel. Any suggestions? I've tried moto 500, 700, and a samsung.

Surfer
06-30-2007, 02:23 PM
I totally agree. I use a razor and it's about to die after being held against a sweaty face 8 hours a day. I can't find a blue tooth that works well either. They all make me sound like I'm in a tunnel. Any suggestions? I've tried moto 500, 700, and a samsung.Yeh thats what sucks about Bluetooth, on my phone though (Cingular 8525) there are options to play with the incomming/outgoing tones and volume instead of just increasing/decreasing the volume directly on the bluetooth, finally got a setting that people can hear me clearly on....now the problem is it seems to pick up every noise around me, my biz partner can be across the office and the person on the phone can hear him talking.

DavidJ021
06-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Nope wont buy one. I'm gonna wait for something better :D