Hi Everybody,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a big order today (to avail the 20% off):

Opti-Coat 2.0
Opti-Glass Coating
Opti-Eraser
Detailer's Coating Prep Polish
Opti Dual Pro Applicator
+ some other non coating-related items

My 2014 Jeep GC is still new (been using it for less than 3 months but DD) and it has been professionally detailed a month ago using Zaino polishes and sealant, and well taken care of by manually washing it myself (rinse + foam + sheepskin mitt + water sheeting + leaf blower + MF drying towels) using Zaino soap & following up with Zaino QD or having it washed the same way at the detailer garage.

So my paint is currently in good condition and I've inspected it many times in sunlight and with flash light and found no swirls/marring, just a few minor scratches that I can live with
coz I'm not planning to do a machine polishing at all, maximum work I can do on it will be a good wash then claying or should I say erasing with Opti-Eraser then polish with Detailer's CPP by hand and finally apply the Opti-Coat by hand...

any advices? am I missing something? also is it ok to work outside but in shaded and clean area? or can I do the first two steps (wash & Clay) outside then drive it to a nearby basement parking to finish the hand polishing and coating (worried about picking up some dust before polishing!)..

Thanks Everyone in advance and Happy Holidays :)

swanicyouth
12-25-2013, 08:18 AM
My advice: use Optimum Finish Polish by hand, then do a 15-20% IPA wipe down. That is what Optimum recommends. I've done it both ways: the way Optimum recommends and the way I thought would work. My way was no good, the OC did not last. However, prepping Optimum's way worked like a charm. The stuff beads and sheets amazingly on my roof and bumpers (only coated surfaces).

I would post a beading pic but apparently this new version of Tapatalk is all jacked up and us Tapatalk users can't post pics. At least I can't. The beading of OC and sheeting is pretty amazing. I'm convinced it's still the best overall coating out there.

aim4squirrels
12-25-2013, 09:05 AM
I would tend to agree with swanic,

In my limited time here there's been several threads posted of failed opti coat installs.

Do as optimum suggests for prep. Skip the DP prep polish and get the optimum finish polish instead.

Sherif
12-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks guys for the tips on polish, I was just following the recommendations on AG website which is a bit modified from what's on OPT website! Even the description for Optimum Finish is different! "can be used by hand" mentioned on OPT website only..
Is working indoors a must for a successful coating?

swanicyouth
12-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks guys for the tips on polish, I was just following the recommendations on AG website which is a bit modified from what's on OPT website! Even the description for Optimum Finish is different! "can be used by hand" mentioned on OPT website only..
Is working indoors a must for a successful coating?

Not especially, but it depends on your outdoor environment.

ZeroSP
12-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi sherif, as per suggested by our experienced forumer, just follow the guideline. I did the same and it is still going strong after 4 and half years which I just posted on forum a month ago.

Sherif
12-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Hi sherif, as per suggested by our experienced forumer, just follow the guideline. I did the same and it is still going strong after 4 and half years which I just posted on forum a month ago.

Thanks ZeroSP, already placed the order and will wait for the perfect weekend to do it next month.. Nice review BTW

Pureshine
12-25-2013, 04:40 PM
I know with opti- coat pro they are sending us a primer to use first before applying now.