PDA

View Full Version : Pnnacle XMT, Detailers, Wolfgang Pad Cleaners??

WRAPT C5Z06
12-24-2013, 12:48 PM
How different can these be?

FUNX650
12-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi Mark...Happy Holidays!!!

(Disclaimer: My post will only focus on foam pads)

If you're anything like me in your foam buffing-pads selection: Such as those foam pads that are manufactured
per ISO 9000 quality standards...foam pads that are considered the best...Then you believe that they, in turn:
Must be properly cared for to ensure consistent performance over time. (That 'care' may include the use of a cleaning-solution.)

Also:
I take into consideration that the majority of foam pads used at the OEM-level are all made from European foam:
The majority of which comes from Germany...that meets, or exceeds the above referrenced ISO standards.

So:
When factoring in the above:
IMO...It should be an obvious choice between which of the three pad cleaners, you've listed, that one should opt.

:)

Bob

Hoytman
12-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi Mark...Happy Holidays!!!

(Disclaimer: My post will only focus on foam pads)

If you're anything like me in your foam buffing-pads selection: Such as those foam pads that are manufactured
per ISO 9000 quality standards...foam pads that are considered the best...Then you believe that they, in turn:
Must be properly cared for to ensure consistent performance over time. (That 'care' may include the use of a cleaning-solution.)

Also:
I take into consideration that the majority of foam pads used at the OEM-level are all made from European foam:
The majority of which comes from Germany...that meets, or exceeds the above referrenced ISO standards.

So:
When factoring in the above:
IMO...It should be an obvious choice between which of the three pad cleaners, you've listed, that one should opt.

:)

Bob

Translation= Wolfgang

:props: Bob.

swanicyouth
12-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I have a gallon of WG regular, a gallon of BF pad cleaner, two bottles of WG Pad Cleaner & Extender, and a pound of DP powdered pad cleaner. Who knows , I may have a gallon of some other pad cleaner someplace I forgot about. I find the BF works better than the WG Pad Cleaner and Extender & the DP powdered stuff. However, I haven't cracked open my gallon of the WG regular pad cleaner - so I can't say there.

The DP powdered stuff is good to soak the pads in right after your done. But, I'm not convinced it does much. LA Awesome works very well as a pad cleaner, but doesn't rinse as easily out as the dedicated products. White or light colored pads stained from polishes are often easily cleaned (stains removed) by using 70% IPA. I just buy the 32oz bottles of IPA, chuck the cap, and put a sprayer on them.

That's my 2¢ on pad cleaners.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-24-2013, 04:29 PM
I have a gallon of WG regular, a gallon of BF pad cleaner, two bottles of WG Pad Cleaner & Extender, and a pound of DP powdered pad cleaner. Who knows , I may have a gallon of some other pad cleaner someplace I forgot about. I find the BF works better than the WG Pad Cleaner and Extender & the DP powdered stuff. However, I haven't cracked open my gallon of the WG regular pad cleaner - so I can't say there.

The DP powdered stuff is good to soak the pads in right after your done. But, I'm not convinced it does much. LA Awesome works very well as a pad cleaner, but doesn't rinse as easily out as the dedicated products. White or light colored pads stained from polishes are often easily cleaned (stains removed) by using 70% IPA. I just buy the 32oz bottles of IPA, chuck the cap, and put a sprayer on them.

That's my 2¢ on pad cleaners.
I've found WG spray pad cleaner(non-conditioner) to work better than BF. Never thought of using IPA as a pad cleaner. Good idea!! :dblthumb2:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-25-2013, 03:08 AM
Some good information in here. Thanks for bring this up Mark.

Bunky
12-25-2013, 07:18 AM
I have just used an APC but did a bottle in some promo and really did not see any difference.