PDA

View Full Version : Order of use

Coopers ST
12-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Hey all,

I have the GG6 with the Wolfgang Duo. I am going to use it for my first time tomorrow if plans go right. So, do I use swirl remover with orange pad, then finishing glaze with white pad, then wax/sealant with the blue? I also have a grey pad where would that come in? The pads are all Lake County pads. For wax and sealant, I have some Megs 26 and Megs NXT.

Thanks all

Tato
12-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Hello.

Yes, and no. I mean, it may vary.

Depending on the severity of defects you have (and kind of paint you'll be dealing (soft, hard)), you can start with the glaze in the white pad. If it not corrects to the level you want, you should try TSR on white pad, or even jump to orange pad (depending on results with milder product first).

For finishing, if your first step (orange with TSR) finished very far from LSP ready, maybe you should use the same product on a polishing pad (white). Then you follow with the glaze on a black pad, and seal/wax with blue one.

Or if your first step goes closer to LSP ready, you can follow orange pad (TSR) with black pad (FG) and seal/wax with blue.

Or maybe you finish LSP ready on orange pad (or white pad) and you can seal/wax with black(gray) or blue pad.

Maybe you can try to use NXT on a day, and 12-24hours later use Megs 26 over it to improve the looks.

Like I've said, you can follow any route, and the path will be guided by the results of your test spot. After solving the 'test spot equation', you reproduce the results on the entire vehicle.

What I don't do often is to use a very fine product (like a finishing polish) on a heavy cutting pad, but that does not means it can't work. One have to try.

Hope I've helped,

Please, ask if any question.

Kind Regards.

kochdalton87
12-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Yes, the process you have listed for the polishing steps is correct. As far as where the grey pad comes in I cannot comment on that.

kochdalton87
12-23-2013, 09:42 PM
^^great answer tato!

bsmith0404
12-23-2013, 09:53 PM
As Tato was pointing out, and you already seem to be aware of, your orange pad is the most aggressive (cutting), followed by the white (Polishing), and then your gray and blue (finishing). You are correct with the order of aggressiveness with your products as well. You can come up with many combinations of aggressiveness in your test spots to find what is going to work for the correction you are doing. If one combination doesn't work, you can step up by going to a more aggressive product, or pad, or both.

As for the blue vs. gray pads, they are both a finish pad with no cut. The blue is slightly softer than the gray, but both will work for your LSP.

Coopers ST
12-23-2013, 10:02 PM
This is going to be used on a 2013 Focus ST. The dealer prepped it by running it through a car wash so it was some light scratches and swirls in it. I am going to see if I can reduce/remove them. I probably could not get a picture of them, but when the light catches them just right they show up and bother me.

jankerson
12-23-2013, 11:44 PM
This is going to be used on a 2013 Focus ST. The dealer prepped it by running it through a car wash so it was some light scratches and swirls in it. I am going to see if I can reduce/remove them. I probably could not get a picture of them, but when the light catches them just right they show up and bother me.

You could likely get away with using WG Finishing Glaze on a White pad then move to NXT from there.

Just do a test spot first.

Might need to use WG TSR on the White pad then move to WG FG on the White pad.

But yeah the LSP would be the blue pad.

Coopers ST
12-24-2013, 12:39 PM
First time useing a machine, Wolfgang Duo then NXT. Almost all the scratches came out, you really need to look for the ones there, I think next time they will be gone.

Coopers ST
12-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Sorry one more.

Tato
12-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Impressed!

As someone used to say, 'This is it'. Keep moving on because you'll get far, mate.

Thanks for sharing,

Kind Regards.

AaronC
12-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Wow great progress and pics! good job nice and shiny