PDA

View Full Version : Man vs Wild

Surfer
06-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Anybody else love the show? Can't stop watching it when its on:awesome:...now if I ever get stranded on Everest, lost in the jungle, stuck in the desert...I know how to survive lol. yeh right, I don't think I'll remember half of stuff he did, like rubbing his head to make static electricity and touching a small piece of metal, putting that metal on a leaf in a puddle so the polarity of the metal turns the leaf to North direct, yeh I would have thought of that :D

ltoman
06-30-2007, 12:27 AM
just from the title it sounds like something you would be watching, surfer! rofl
hee hee hee

gotta say though, it does not sound very realistic!

Thejoyofdriving
06-30-2007, 12:36 AM
I have been studing survival for over 5 years, and i have been i a life and death survival situation. I have to say that M vs. W is a good show, Bear does have some usefull information that he uses in his show. but i can tell you that there are things in that show which are fake or fixed up. I preffer to watch Survivor man, he films every thing him self. If you pay close attention, and watch M vs. W for abit you will see that there are things in that show which will put you in doubt. But its still a good show keep watching M vs. W, its got some usefull stuff in there if you can remember it. :p

Surfer
06-30-2007, 01:45 AM
I have been studing survival for over 5 years, and i have been i a life and death survival situation. I have to say that M vs. W is a good show, Bear does have some usefull information that he uses in his show. but i can tell you that there are things in that show which are fake or fixed up. I preffer to watch Survivor man, he films every thing him self. If you pay close attention, and watch M vs. W for abit you will see that there are things in that show which will put you in doubt. But its still a good show keep watching M vs. W, its got some usefull stuff in there if you can remember it. :pYeh forgot about Survivor Man, hasn't been on in awhile.

Thejoyofdriving
06-30-2007, 03:12 AM
i dont know if they are still making that show, but i only have seen reruns, no new ones, but then again its on the same time as myth busters, and if i dont get my weekly 60 mg does of myth busters then i go mad, last time i got charged with AWARO (assult with a random orbital) ;) :p

klumzypinoy
06-30-2007, 04:59 AM
Hey Thejoyofdriving, would you mind telling your survival story?

Driven Auto Detail
06-30-2007, 08:53 AM
I love M vs. W & Survivor Man. As soon as I saw each of the first episodes I set our Tivo up to record them. They are both entertaining and educational.

klumzypinoy
06-30-2007, 05:41 PM
ANybody watch "I shouldn't be alive"? That show cringes me sometimes. It's amazing how people survive.

Surfer
06-30-2007, 05:55 PM
ANybody watch "I shouldn't be alive"? That show cringes me sometimes. It's amazing how people survive.Yeh that was creepy, especially the group straded in the plains of Africa when their place crashed.

How about Scars on MTV? Now that damn show gives me shivers and flashbacks to back in the day when I used to skate and bmx etc, broker bone flashback time lol, now I'm glad I stopped years ago...

klumzypinoy
07-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Yeh that was creepy, especially the group straded in the plains of Africa when their place crashed.

How about Scars on MTV? Now that damn show gives me shivers and flashbacks to back in the day when I used to skate and bmx etc, broker bone flashback time lol, now I'm glad I stopped years ago...

Scars is GROOSSSS! Like that guy who did a flip on the grass and his foot turned the other way :eek: that was just nasty

Russecu
07-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Man vs Wild, Deadliest Catch, and Dirty Jobs lol All great shows. Doesn't MvsW come on Fri. nights?

Driven Auto Detail
07-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Doesn't MvsW come on Fri. nights?

I believe it's Friday at 9pm.

Russecu
07-02-2007, 08:09 AM
I believe it's Friday at 9pm.
Thanks, no wonder I miss new episodes.:cheers: