PDA

View Full Version : Best Glass Coating

Pages : [1] 2

Sherif
12-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Hi All,
I'm looking for a glass coating just to make glass cleaning easier and not required everyday! No snow where I live and less rain to worry about so my issue is with road dirt & bugs..
After searching for a good product on AG only I found many brands claiming the same results and prices ranging from 10$ to 60$ or even more! Now I'm confused and need your advice, which one to buy?!
Here's the list:
Gtechniq G1/G5
Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating
Optimum Opti-Glass Coating
Detailer's Glass Coating
Diamondite Shield
Griot's Garage Glass Sealant

Thanks in advance & Merry Christmas to all

VP Mark
12-22-2013, 10:36 AM
I sell and apply opti glass and it is an excellent product. The rain beading properties are great, gives chip resistance, makes windshield easy to clean, and is super easy to apply.

Haven't used the others but have never really had the need.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Sherif
12-22-2013, 02:49 PM
I sell and apply opti glass and it is an excellent product. The rain beading properties are great, gives chip resistance, makes windshield easy to clean, and is super easy to apply.

Thanks VP Mark
Anyone else tried the other products?

zerix
12-22-2013, 03:22 PM
I've had Detailers Glass Coating on my glass since September and it's still going strong. Water starts flying off around 45mph.

thebamboo23
12-22-2013, 04:34 PM
i have herd nothing but great stuff from: car pro flyby30, Detailers glass coating, and Pinnacle Black Label glass coating

TroyScherer
12-22-2013, 04:51 PM
I have used a few glass sealant / coatings. ( RainX, Opti Seal, FlyBy30, Wolfs Glass Guard, Opti Glass.

RainX and Opti seal are obviously sealants. And really RainX isn't all that bad if you prep the glass right and apply it thin. It is cheap and easy to use. Opti seal is nice because you can do your glass and the entire car at the same time.

I have been disappointed with FlyBy30. Initially it is amazing but as soon as I need to use wipers it goes bad real quick. It doesn't seem to have the durability against wiper abrasion. My main issue is fine "in town" mist and dirty spray from other cars. It doesn't sheet this off well. But regular rain is impressive.

I am testing Wolfs Glass Guard and Opti Glass at this time. I like Wolfs due to the price. It beads and sheets well. So far it is more durable than FB30 for me. Opti glass is the best out IMO it reduces / eliminates wiper chater, sheds water makes the glass easier to clean.

If price it not an issue I would suggest Opti Glass and the Opti Clean & Protect to maintain.

ZeroSP
12-22-2013, 05:20 PM
I have used a few glass sealant / coatings. ( RainX, Opti Seal, FlyBy30, Wolfs Glass Guard, Opti Glass.

RainX and Opti seal are obviously sealants. And really RainX isn't all that bad if you prep the glass right and apply it thin. It is cheap and easy to use. Opti seal is nice because you can do your glass and the entire car at the same time.

I have been disappointed with FlyBy30. Initially it is amazing but as soon as I need to use wipers it goes bad real quick. It doesn't seem to have the durability against wiper abrasion. My main issue is fine "in town" mist and dirty spray from other cars. It doesn't sheet this off well. But regular rain is impressive.

I am testing Wolfs Glass Guard and Opti Glass at this time. I like Wolfs due to the price. It beads and sheets well. So far it is more durable than FB30 for me. Opti glass is the best out IMO it reduces / eliminates wiper chater, sheds water makes the glass easier to clean.

If price it not an issue I would suggest Opti Glass and the Opti Clean & Protect to maintain.

Opti Glass and Opti Glass Clean and Protect to go. And could not agree more on the flyby, not even need to use the wipe to make it bad. I once cleaned the applied windscreen with a windshield cleaning rubber blade at gas station, and it's fxxked up.

I shall post a review of the Opti Glass Cleaner soon since nobody doing it. I have DP Glass cleaner, Pinnacle Glass cleaner along to be compared.

JHL88
12-22-2013, 06:16 PM
I have been very pleased with DP glass coating. I would like to try the PBL glass coating just to compare.

shagnat
12-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Try this on the cheap.

Clean your windshield as well as possible with whatever you like.

Take you 2 Bounty fabric softener sheets and rub them up and down in vertical straight lines. It's amazing how well this works. Now it's not very durable, but, it's cheaper than anything else you'll use.

BlackHawk
12-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Sonax polymer net sheild. Not meant for glass but it's amazing. At 35mph the water just shoots off!!

Old Tiger
12-22-2013, 07:39 PM
The G|Tecchniq is the most durable IME. I would also consider Pinnacle Black Label.

Old Tiger
12-22-2013, 07:48 PM

Are you using the Pro Version. It is great and the durability is on par with G1. The consumer version is good for 1 year. The Pro version is good for 3 as is G1.

hamlyn
12-22-2013, 08:01 PM
I have used the G-Tech G1/G4 product, and application was easy. I have not had to drive the car in the rain yet, so I can't speak to its performance.
YouTube videos show incredible rain repelling abilities.

VP Mark
12-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Are you using the Pro Version. It is great and the durability is on par with G1. The consumer version is good for 1 year. The Pro version is good for 3 as is G1.

The pro version is the only thing I've ever used. So far it is a stand out product.

JHL88
12-22-2013, 08:12 PM
gotta try it