PDA

View Full Version : Can I call my business 'Show Car Garage'?

Pages : 1 [2]

StangFan25
12-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Well unless there is a world wide trademark on the name, you can use it in Brazil - check first.

Honestly as far as using it, it's up to you. I'm guessing people in Brazil won't know the association with it, but you will. So it's your choice.

Correct. When i chose my business name, i just had to make sure it wasn't nationally trademarked or trademarked in my state.

i wouldn't do it, what if they google it, come here and think thats your work little misrepresenting

That's not the OPs fault, and is in no way illegally representing himself or affiliating himself with Mike or PBMG. Theres several other Photography companies that use the same name I do, doesn't mean any of them are trying to misrepresent themselves. That's what business cards and unique web addresses are for.

OP, if you like the name and its legally available where you plan to operate, go for it! Good luck!

CowboyTruckn
12-27-2013, 10:25 PM
I'd say as long as it isn't trademarked where you are there should be no problems. I think even in the states as long as no business in the same state has it you can use it

custmsprty
12-27-2013, 10:47 PM
IMO it would be kinda cheesy, lame & bogus to get your company name off of something Mike created

FWIW Richard Lin owns Show Car Detailing

ShowCarDetailing.com Home of the Best Detail Shop in Orange County (http://www.showcardetailing.com/)

:iagree:

custmsprty
12-27-2013, 11:10 PM
I'd say as long as it isn't trademarked where you are there should be no problems. I think even in the states as long as no business in the same state has it you can use it

Not true in the USA. A trademark is countrywide. Try to use HOG, Harley, HD, Microsoft, Google, Twitter etc. and see what happens. Hope you have deep pockets.

custmsprty
12-27-2013, 11:37 PM
Oh and let's not forget the WWF that had to change it's name to WWE because the World Wildlife Foundation had trademarked it and forced their hand and they had to change the name to WWE.

FUNX650
12-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Tato's Luxo Carro Detalhando

:)

Bob

MrCleanit
12-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Tato's Luxo Carro Detalhando

:)

Bob

Lol

Bunky
12-28-2013, 06:41 AM
Just adding a name to some derivation should be sufficient to be unique. I wonder how many "premium auto detailing" there are...

Flash Gordon
12-28-2013, 11:05 AM
I wonder how many "premium auto detailing" there are...

Not near as many as I

Regards,

Dr Detail, Executive Detail & Presidential Details