PDA

View Full Version : how to wash/detail opti coat pro coated car?

twobucket
12-21-2013, 01:55 PM
HI! I recently had xpel ultimate installed on most of the car and then installer opti pro coated the entire car including wheels.

I have access to coin op wash bay but I don't have hose at my apartment.

a few questions if any one can help with some, highly appreciated!

Conventional two bucket outside the wash bay or ONR(Garry Dean one bucket) on my own parking space?

How safe to use the high pressure rinse on Xpel Ultimate?

Also what product should I put on the opti coat pro after the wash?

Which is better for opti coat pro surface? Optimum no rinse wash & wax or wash & shine?

Can I use touchless automatic on Xpel Ultimate? I am concerned about lifting on the edges.

Thanks in advance!!

Evan.J
12-21-2013, 02:18 PM
HI! I recently had xpel ultimate installed on most of the car and then installer opti pro coated the entire car including wheels.
Cool great choice all around!

I have access to coin op wash bay but I don't have hose at my apartment.
Thats ok many people that do not have asccess to a hose tend to do a rinse less wash which will be two buckets rinesless was solution grit guards a good wash media and good drying towels

a few questions if any one can help with some, highly appreciated!

Conventional two bucket outside the wash bay or ONR(Garry Dean one bucket) on my own parking space?
Either or is fine. If you have a lot of dirt on the panels what I suggest and recommend to my customers is wash off all the heavy dirty at the wash bay by spraying to off then either do you 2BM or a rinse less. You can do them both there or do the rinse less ay home.

How safe to use the high pressure rinse on Xpel Ultimate?
Completely safe. Just don't get too close to the edges. Though the should have been wrapped around any way but there are some that aren't.

Also what product should I put on the opti coat pro after the wash?

I like Optimum car wax, Chemical Guys V07 to added extra gloss and maintain the finish. Additionally get yourself some good microfiber towels from auto geek.

Which is better for opti coat pro surface? Optimum no rinse wash & wax or wash & shine?
Optimum no rinse is great.

Can I use touchless automatic on Xpel Ultimate? I am concerned about lifting on the edges.
I would stay away from them with the film and all the harsh chemicals they use

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to the forum first and for most!

twobucket
12-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Thanks Evan!! Bought all the stuff mentioned.