PDA

View Full Version : Does DG 501 remove minor swirls?

pld
12-21-2013, 07:41 AM
I've searched and it goes back and forth as just an awesome cleaner to fine abrasives and DG does not mention abrasives in their product description. I will be using the 601 (4 to 1 ratio) with it as well for more durability. Thank's.:xyxthumbs:

FUNX650
12-21-2013, 08:53 AM
I've searched and it goes back and forth as just an awesome cleaner to fine abrasives and DG does not mention abrasives in their product description. I will be using the 601 (4 to 1 ratio) with it as well for more durability. Thank's.:xyxthumbs:
By its product description (cleans, polishes, protects):
Don't you think that DG #501 is an AIO? I do.

:)

Bob

pld
12-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Thank's Bob, has it gotten minor swirl mark's out for you?

dad07
12-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Yes it can to a point.

depending on the type of paint your working on and the pad selection you CAN get some correction out of DG501, although it's very minimal.

think of DG501 as a very strong paint "cleaner"

You can compound and polish paint with other products and then follow up with DG501 and be amazed at what it can pull out of the paint.

If you are looking at trying 501 as a AIO for like a DD it is not going to give you the results your looking for, IME.

As I stated above, use DG501 as a paint cleaner after your compounding and polishing stages.

follow up with any DG product ( DG105,111.101) you won't be disappointed!

MarkD51
12-21-2013, 06:04 PM
I agree with Tim, I once tried DG 501 with a PC DA with White Foam LC Flat pad for the heck of it, and it was pretty much nada (nothing) as for correction on light swirls. Maybe with a rotary it might do "something"?

Very good paint cleaner and sealant though!

dad07
12-21-2013, 06:12 PM
I agree with Tim, I once tried DG 501 with a PC DA with White Foam LC Flat pad for the heck of it, and it was pretty much nada (nothing) as for correction on light swirls. Maybe with a rotary it might do "something"?

Very good paint cleaner and sealant though!

Hey Mark!

with a rotary and a gel coat surface it does well with oxidation.......but again it really is a paint cleaner!