PDA

View Full Version : Payment for Services Rendered

OnsiteDetailing
12-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi AG family.

For those of you in the detailing business to make money, I am curious about how you get paid from customers.

Do you require that customers prepay before a job or leave a % as a deposit? Do you request that customers pay only after all work is completed?

Have people every not paid for detailing services?

Thanks in advance!

greatwhitenorth
12-20-2013, 11:20 PM
I don't let them pay until the work is 100% completed. And they don't get their keys back until the bill is 100% covered.

Just02896
12-20-2013, 11:24 PM
I don't let them pay until the work is 100% completed. And they don't get their keys back until the bill is 100% covered.

:iagree:

KJW Detailing
12-20-2013, 11:29 PM

cardaddy
12-21-2013, 02:19 AM
Confused? Are you saying you want them to give you a deposit to cover your out of pocket expenses, before you start?

Just do the job, knock their socks off, and take get paid when you finish. Do NOT let an expensive job (from someone you've never seen before) drive off unless you're getting paid. Inspect the car first, have them sign off on it, then inspect it with them when they pick it up. Take the money, give them the keys. Getting a tip isn't out of the question, just depends on what your prices are, who your target market is, and what kind of job you do.

Need a way to take payment, try Square. No phone support but the app works, you can build a shopping cart of services, and you get paid in 2~3 business days. ;)

All that aside; Have I ever taken a payment plan? Answer to that is "yes" (but with a reservation). But I know the guy, know his family, and do business with them regularly. Notice I say "with them" as in I go to them for services. They in turn come to me. It has worked, but not something I'd suggest for strangers.

Pureshine
12-21-2013, 02:25 AM

:iagree: I have never not been paid before and if they didn't pay me they wouldn't get their car back until they did.

Colinpd137
12-21-2013, 03:21 AM

jankerson
12-21-2013, 10:44 AM

:iagree: I have never not been paid before and if they didn't pay me they wouldn't get their car back until they did.

Yep the car stays locked in the garage until they sign off and I get paid.... :xyxthumbs:

Then they get their car and keys back.

I don't trust anyone when it comes to money.......

OnsiteDetailing
12-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the responses.

I am mobile and do not have a fixed site location in a garage. While most customers leave payment if they have to leave the job site where I am detailing their car (i.e., home or business location), what I have experienced twice in less than one month is that the customer is not home when I finish the job and then I have to follow through to get payment.

As such, it is difficult for me not to follow their instructions about giving back the keys since I am mobile.

My policy is payment in full once the customer is satisfied. I prefer to do the final inspection with the customer once finished and everyone has been very satisfied with my work, so I am not concerned with that.