PDA

View Full Version : DP waterless wash

Pages : [1] 2

Grifffx4
12-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Can a rookie like myself use this DP Waterless car wash? Im no detailer. It sounds like a great product and I think if it works I would never use a water hose again!

Am I missing something? Sounds to good to be true!

Looking for advice.

HateSwirls
12-20-2013, 05:54 PM
It's true, yes you can do it and very easy at that.
There are videos to show you how to do it but really isn't hard.
WW's has become very popular and for good reason.
Just follow the directions on the bottle and you'll be fine:)

In most cases I can wash my car in 20 minutes without having to drag out a hose amd buckets.
Give it a tey and see what all the fuss is about.

Rockeey
12-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Won't hurt to give it a try and see if you like it. Just follow the directions. I prefer the 'rinseless' products over the 'waterless' products but that's just my personal preference. If you are concerned that these products don't work, I and probably thousands of others can assure you that they do.....and you certainly wouldn't be the first person to stop using a hose.

swanicyouth
12-20-2013, 06:02 PM
I did not like the DP WW. Pinnacle, UWW+, and BF are all much better. Not to mention the first two are much more cost effective due to much higher dilutions. I'm convinced if you maintain your car only by waterless washes you will cause more marring quicker than using other methods that use more water or a pre-rinse. This will be especially noticeable on a dark/black car. I'm sorry, but that's just the facts. If your not concerned about marring and just want clean and shiny, than go for it.

The best/safest method will always be pre-rinsing the car to remove loose dirt before touching it. You can use a pre-rinse in conjunction with a waterless method. It works quite well and is fairly safe on harder paints.

Grifffx4
12-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the acronyms yet. What's UWW and BF?

I have a Silver truck for the very reason that it doesn't show swirls that easily. I am concerned about that.

Is the waterless only for paint/windows? Can I use it on tires and wheels?

How much is needed for my 4dr F150?

swanicyouth
12-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Waterless Wash Plus and Blackfire Waterless Wash. You can use waterless wash on windows. Wheels and tires - not so good.

Grifffx4
12-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Thanks.

Is there something similar for wheels and tires? Kinda ruins the idea if I have to pull the hose out for those. lol

Will temp play a factor? Sunlight or shade?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.

Grifffx4
12-20-2013, 07:44 PM
I think I found the thread that will help me. Thanks for your help guys

Finemess
12-20-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm a hose wash guy. But this stuff is so cheap and super easy to use, I had to get a couple gallons.

BlackRam
12-21-2013, 05:24 PM
It's true, yes you can do it and very easy at that.
There are videos to show you how to do it but really isn't hard.
WW's has become very popular and for good reason.
Just follow the directions on the bottle and you'll be fine:)

In most cases I can wash my car in 20 minutes without having to drag out a hose amd buckets.
Give it a tey and see what all the fuss is about.

What kind of car do u have?
I have a ram crew 1500 and doing either a rinsless/ washless or a regular 2 bucket takes me 1.5 to 2 hrs to just wash and dry

HateSwirls
12-21-2013, 05:47 PM
09' RAV.
I can wash with using two buckets and hose less than an hour, keep I mind most of the time my car is pretty clean.
So your saying it takes you two hours for a WW and dry?

What kind of car do u have?
I have a ram crew 1500 and doing either a rinsless/ washless or a regular 2 bucket takes me 1.5 to 2 hrs to just wash and dry

Old Tiger
12-21-2013, 06:11 PM
I did not like the DP WW. Pinnacle, UWW+, and BF are all much better. Not to mention the first two are much more cost effective due to much higher dilutions. I'm convinced if you maintain your car only by waterless washes you will cause more marring quicker than using other methods that use more water or a pre-rinse. This will be especially noticeable on a dark/black car. I'm sorry, but that's just the facts. If your not concerned about marring and just want clean and shiny, than go for it.

The best/safest method will always be pre-rinsing the car to remove loose dirt before touching it. You can use a pre-rinse in conjunction with a waterless method. It works quite well and is fairly safe on harder paints.
I agree. I always rinse the vehicle and drive it in into the garage. When weather is good, I prefer to bucket wash wheels and wells. I always presoak with a WW and then use a rinseless. UWW+ does both jobs very well and is by far the least expensive at about $3.50 q a gallon for WW strength. ONR is a better deal for rinseless.

HateSwirls
12-21-2013, 06:12 PM
I too always wash the wells and tires before a WW, maybe I need to rinse the car off too:dblthumb2:

I agree. I always rinse the vehicle and drive it in into the garage. When weather is good, I prefer to bucket wash wheels and wells. I always presoak with a WW and then use a rinseless. UWW+ does both jobs very well and is by far the least expensive at about $3.50 q a gallon for WW strength. ONR is a better deal for rinseless.

Old Tiger
12-21-2013, 06:25 PM
I too always wash the wells and tires before a WW, maybe I need to rinse the car off too:dblthumb2:

I have a hose right outside the garage. If you have access it is a great way to remove most of the crap. I am a coating guy and this is my preferred way to do my paint and glass all the time. I have a climate controlled garage and I am an old wimp!

BlackRam
12-21-2013, 07:15 PM
09' RAV.
I can wash with using two buckets and hose less than an hour, keep I mind most of the time my car is pretty clean.
So your saying it takes you two hours for a WW and dry?

Yeah 1.5 to 2. Sucks