PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie w/questions

beercanbilly
06-29-2007, 02:37 PM
I am a complete novice at this, but I plan on plunking down about $300 to purchase a PC 7424 and some Klasse products. I have a lot of questions but I need answers to some basic issures so I buy the right stuff.
I am going to be detailing a 2005 black Audi - I read that German cars have a softer clear coat so I want to make sure that I am not going to damage the finish.
For the first step I am going to try and remove some swirl marks from the hood - I am going to use XMT ultra fine #1 - is this safe enough??? is this applied with the white polishing pad?? Is there something better for a black car??
Next I am going to apply Klasse AIO - would it be better to do this by hand rather than by PC so I don't add back swirl marks?? if it is better to use the PC what color pad??
Then I am going to apply Klasse sealant - again what color pad???
Thanks - any comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

klumzypinoy
06-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Welcome to AGO! As for AUdi clears, I've been reading that they're hard...but someone can chime in for that because I have no experience with polishing, except for maybe like a few minutes in my whole life time with the UDM. If it was me, I would get XMT 1-3. There's XMT kits on AG :) They're really well priced and you save money! If you don't want to add swirl marks with Klasse AIO, just use a finessing or finishing pad, they don't have any cut at all. I have no Klasse experience, but I know for sure finessing and finishing pad have no cut so those are safe.

whitespy9
06-29-2007, 03:27 PM
The product info for Klasse AIO recommends application by hand...

Klasse ALL IN ONE Auto Polish - Klasse All In One (AIO) Acrylic polish (http://www.autogeek.net/klasseallinone.html)