PDA

View Full Version : Waterless product usage

sixsix
12-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Got some meguiars wash and wax anywhere to try out (on clearance at advanced auto parts for 5 bucks) this was my first time doing a waterless wash. I have done rinse less washes before tho. Anyway the bottle says you can wash 3 to 5 cars with the bottle but I used pretty much the whole damn thing on a ford focus st! Am I using too much? The car wasn't really that dirty as I washed it and applied some c845 2 days ago, but I did go to work those 2 days and its pretty dusty over there. It didn't "seem" like I was using too much. I dunno, I might stick with the rinseless.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/21/9ehyra4y.jpg

Edit: I only used it on the paint.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JKL1031
12-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Yea you may have. for 5 bux go and get a case or something!! Goes to show you people/places outside of our world dont know so much. I don tknow why this would have been on clearance. I will check my local advanced.

If anyhting I woudl stick with rinseless too if you can. Its alot quicker and Im less as tense and nervous when Im doing a water wash :) I do use it for touch up.

Legacykid
12-20-2013, 01:43 PM
I think you could have used less, but being your first time using the product you have to get acclimated. My first time i used alot, then my next few I found the sweet spot. But then again the added lubrication is helpful.

HateSwirls
12-20-2013, 01:48 PM
I almost bought a bottle of it but for the same price I bought the Turtle Wax Rinse-Less wash.
Awhile back they had BOGO, I must have bought 20 bottles.
I pour one bottle to a gallon of water which makes me a cheap QD.
Being its cheap I spray a panel really good and let it dwell then wash off, works for me:)

miniSguy
12-20-2013, 01:56 PM
I started with the Meguiar's, too. BOGO at Advance Auto Parts and a rebate.

I used a lot the first time until I got the hang of it. Now it''s a piece of cake and I can get it to go a lot farther.

I've since "graduated" to the DP waterless wash and enjoy it quite well. As long as you keep up with it, the process is quick. In about 10 minutes (daily) I can clean the entire car at the end of the day before I put it to bed.

:dblthumb2:

Desertnate
12-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Ditto on you're probably using too much.

I use the Pinnacle Waterless Wash. Using that product as prescribed, I've been able to get three washes out of 33oz of product on a GTI with an oz or two left over at the bottom.

sixsix
12-20-2013, 03:05 PM
I guess I was just a little nervous and wanted to make sure it was well lubricated. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

miniSguy
12-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Always good to be cautious with new processes. Nothing wrong with that.