PDA

View Full Version : Moveing to Rotary?

09redranger
12-20-2013, 11:01 AM
So iv been detailing on the side for two years now. Probably cleaned 30-35 cars this season. Right now i have been useing the porter Cable dual action with megs 105/205 for removeing the swirls and oxidation, And It seems like it takes a verry long time. Also dosent take out some of the larger defects. Iv been thinking about moveing up to a rotary, Iv watched all the how to videos, and know how it can ruin your paint, but im pretty sure i can get the hang of it. How much time does a rotary save when detailing a car? Do you think its a good investment or do you think i should just stick with my DA?

BrianMcLeod
12-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Don't know really anything about rotary but you could upgrade and get a flex or rupes?

hernandez.art13
12-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Yeah I think the Rupes or Flex would be a better choice. Unless your going to be sanding and buffing cars daily, IMO a tool like the Rupes or Flex can do just as much.

A Rupes can remove 1500 grit sanding marks

I actually tried taking my Rupes to the body shop I work at. While it did do the job, it took to long. So I just leave it at home for really great finishes.

I do use a Rotary while I am at work. It is a great tool.

Oh and for just polishing paint, 1 step, 2 step, etc... I have used both the Flex and Rupes and they both can do a beautiful job and a lot faster than a PC. Which I own too btw.

Well good luck,
Time to get to work.

Art