PDA

View Full Version : praise klasse!

Greg5OH
12-20-2013, 10:24 AM
I clayed my car, left it for a few days. And i see all the little imperfection. i then lightly glided my hand over it, and to my frustration-i scratched the paint! FRIG!

Car is a 2000 lexus ls 400.
Decided to give my new bottle of klasse all in one a try.
After I was done, i ordered the 33oz of AIO and glaze. Cant wait to do a 1 more coat of AIO and then use that whole bottle of glaze lol get like 50 layers on.

Paint isnt perfect underneath but its good enough for now!
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/PolishSasquatch/1FD6ABE6-1AA3-4F00-BAED-271B46AAE4C4-32391-00002007E156ECDC_zpsc79b7c09.jpg (http://s207.photobucket.com/user/PolishSasquatch/media/1FD6ABE6-1AA3-4F00-BAED-271B46AAE4C4-32391-00002007E156ECDC_zpsc79b7c09.jpg.html)

aim4squirrels
12-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Glad you like it.

The AIO isn't something to layer, specifically. It's just a paint cleaner with a very light bit of protection in it. The only reason to do a second "coat" of AIO would be if the paint didn't get completely clean for you the first time.

Now, the high gloss sealant glaze, layer away! Three or four coats will max out the shine, but more coats can fill in and level minor imperfections. The sealant glaze is also good on clean trim and glass, but don't use the AIO on trim, it will leave a whitish residue.

Greg5OH
12-20-2013, 10:47 AM
thanks aim.
yes im doign a secodn coat of AIO just in case i missed anything yesterday.
I swear ti works better than motehr chrome polish on my chrome wheels too!

Desertnate
12-20-2013, 12:50 PM
When you do start putting the SG down, be sure to put it down thin...as in, you can barely see it thin. If you do layers, be sure to wait 12 hours between in order for it to cure.

That 33oz bottle will last you decades. I have a 16.9 oz bottle I've owned for 9 years. The AIO is still half full and the SG is still 1/3 full and I've been using it on 1~2 cars the whole time. One of which has always been an SUV. I've never really found a need for more than two coats as even one coat will last 6 months and still provide a great shine.

Klasse Act
12-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Yeah, KAIO is a good cleaner after the paint has been clayed/decontaminated, no need to layer it. It does offer "some" protection but nothing long lasting, that's for sure. Now KSG on the other hand IS layerable, infact the 2nd coat you'll apply after waiting 12 hrs does wonders, trust me, I've been using Klasse since 2005 and I've always loved it, even though I've found soooo many new products here on AG but Klasse will always be apart of my collection.

The tips to properly applying KSG are as follows:

-bowl filled w/ water

-cotton/mf applicator (I prefer square ones)

-small spray bottle

Here's what I do and its always worked and never let me down:

Dunk the applicator into the bowl, wring out. Pour the KSG into the small spray bottle and spray 1-2 squirts onto the applicator and wipe onto the panel, sideways and up and down, make sure you cover everything. Then, this is important, WIPE OFF RIGHT AWAY! There's no need for it to set up either.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

BFEHB
01-28-2014, 01:45 PM
The tips to properly applying KSG are as follows:

-bowl filled w/ water

-cotton/mf applicator (I prefer square ones)

-small spray bottle

Here's what I do and its always worked and never let me down:

Dunk the applicator into the bowl, wring out. Pour the KSG into the small spray bottle and spray 1-2 squirts onto the applicator and wipe onto the panel, sideways and up and down, make sure you cover everything. Then, this is important, WIPE OFF RIGHT AWAY! There's no need for it to set up either.

I thought you were supposed to let KSG set up for 45 minutes or so depending on the weather conditions in your area? Don't you do the finger wipe test and if it comes off clean then you wipe it off?

I have never used this product, actually I don't even own it yet, but I plan on purchasing it soon with the Klasse AIO (as the cleaner) and the Pinnacle Souvarin Paste Wax (as the final finish over the KSG - wait 12 hours after KSG before applying). So, another question(s) is/are: how often do you reapply product to your pad? How many pads does it take to apply to a car (typical 4 door sedan)? With the KSG you apply the product to the entire car, let it set and then wipe it off but with the Klasse AIO you do a small section at a time? Thanks in advance for your patience and your replies - I am clearly new at this :)

Klasse Act
01-28-2014, 10:31 PM
KSG is a wipe on and wipe off product. Its acrylic and doesn't need any time to set up, trust me. I wrote some tips on how I feel its best to apply KSG, if you don't find them drop me a PM, I'm here to help!

Desertnate
01-29-2014, 09:24 AM
I thought you were supposed to let KSG set up for 45 minutes or so depending on the weather conditions in your area? Don't you do the finger wipe test and if it comes off clean then you wipe it off?

I have never used this product, actually I don't even own it yet, but I plan on purchasing it soon with the Klasse AIO (as the cleaner) and the Pinnacle Souvarin Paste Wax (as the final finish over the KSG - wait 12 hours after KSG before applying). So, another question(s) is/are: how often do you reapply product to your pad? How many pads does it take to apply to a car (typical 4 door sedan)? With the KSG you apply the product to the entire car, let it set and then wipe it off but with the Klasse AIO you do a small section at a time? Thanks in advance for your patience and your replies - I am clearly new at this :)

If you wait 45 minutes to buff it out, it will be hard to get off and might take an acryllic QD spray like Sonus Spritz. I typically do the whole car and then immediatly buff out, and often have spots that are hard to get out. When I use it again, I'm going to do like Klasse Act mentioned and wipe on, wipe off.

I use one MF pad (by hand) for a whole car when applying SG. I've found that one penny/dime sized drop will do a whole pannel or door. I use two drops for a large area like the hood and maybe a pea sized drop for an area like a front quarter pannel.

Klasse Act
01-29-2014, 09:42 AM
If you wait 45 minutes to buff it out, it will be hard to get off and might take an acryllic QD spray like Sonus Spritz. I typically do the whole car and then immediatly buff out, and often have spots that are hard to get out. When I use it again, I'm going to do like Klasse Act mentioned and wipe on, wipe off.

I use one MF pad (by hand) for a whole car when applying SG. I've found that one penny/dime sized drop will do a whole pannel or door. I use two drops for a large area like the hood and maybe a pea sized drop for an area like a front quarter pannel.

You'll love using KSG sooooo much more next time for sure, its very easy to use! The key is keeping the applicator sponge damp at all times. I've been using the same 8 oz Griot's Garage spray bottle since 2005 w/o an issue...ever! I spray 2 sprays per panel to get the product to spread and when combined with the always damp applicator its a breeze! Then wipe off right away and move to the next panel. Also, KSG on glass, I've found it VERY hard to remove for some reason so I don't use it there, KAIO is just fine for glass. I'm sure I've mentioned it before but nothing wrong with reiderating this, 2 oz of KSG into a made up gallon of rinseless wash to be used as a QD makes for an awesome product, I call it "FrankenDetailer", actually my buddy Derek gets credit for the name.

Greg5OH
01-29-2014, 10:43 AM
nice! im going to do that quick detailer trick you mentioned. Keep costs way down!
Also, I spent 3 days polishign and layers the KSG..took it one day, and my black car is white with salt ;( sigh.

Klasse Act
01-29-2014, 11:04 AM
nice! im going to do that quick detailer trick you mentioned. Keep costs way down!
Also, I spent 3 days polishign and layers the KSG..took it one day, and my black car is white with salt ;( sigh.

Good deal but when you make "FrankenDetailer" make sure you follow whatever mfg's dilution ratio to make the QD and then add in about 2 oz of KSG to the mix. Now when you do use it your going to notice that the KSG will seperate in the bottle, so make sure you shake it up real good before you use this, this way you know your getting the effects of the KSG. Just like any other product your going to want to make sure the paint is clean, not hot and don't do this in direct sunlight. I think your going to like using "FrankenDetailer", no matter which rinseless you use but if I can suggest one to use, its going to be DuraGloss rinseless wash and the ratio for that is 24 oz of DG rinseless into a gallon jug, add the 2 oz of KSG and then top off with water, shake well and enjoy!