PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Question

ddinauer
06-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Hello All,
I just have a quick question in regards to my Plan of Attack this weekend for detailing my Dodge Ram Truck. I just received some Menzerna Polish (PO91E & PO85) which I cant wait to try!!!, I was then going to top with WGDGS followed by Pinnacle Souveran Paste.

My question is should I be applying Menzerna Finishing Glaze (PO115C) Before the WGDGS?? or will I have a bonding issue or is that just overkill??

Thanks in advance!!

pirex
06-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Glaze under sealent is a no no. You will have bonding issues :) But the rest sounds gooood :D Can`t wait for after pics :D Remember to wait 12 houers after putting WGDGS, before you put souveran on!

Al-53
06-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Some glazes can be used under a sealant..depends on the chemical make up of the glaze....some glazes are a polymer glaze...and can be topped with a sealant....some glazes are a acrylic based and can be topped with a sealant...the Menz I believe can be topped with a sealant..as FMJ can be used over the Menz..and FMJ is a finicky product...on the UK site alot were topping the mezn with various sealants and no problems...

glazes like the 3M..Megs...and a few others that are very rich in oils or a carunuba will not accept a sealant...they sorta smear...or durability falls way short than it is suppose to be due to the non bonding issue...

Al

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-29-2007, 06:54 PM
You are not going to need a glaze after you use the 85 because it finishes so
nice. Also I use wg sealant over menzerna all the time on my families cars and never had a problem.