PDA

View Full Version : ultimate liquid wax .?

Pages : [1] 2

tazz68
12-20-2013, 03:23 AM
wats up fam iv heard from a friend and also from a forum he showed me well he puts quick wax from mequires on his car and wen he finishes the entire car with quick wax he puts ultimate liquid wax on top of that he also said dats its ok to put the carinuba paste wax on top for protection
i dnt know if it true wat do you all peeps think all comments welcome

Pureshine
12-20-2013, 03:58 AM
I really never use waxes anymore mostly sealants like power lock and Sonax net shield. They give a great look and last longer than waxes and you can always top with wax if you want.

The Guz
12-20-2013, 05:03 AM
wats up fam iv heard from a friend and also from a forum he showed me well he puts quick wax from mequires on his car and wen he finishes the entire car with quick wax he puts ultimate liquid wax on top of that he also said dats its ok to put the carinuba paste wax on top for protection
i dnt know if it true wat do you all peeps think all comments welcome

It's actually the other way around. Use ultimate wax first, then follow with ultimate quik wax to maintain in between washes. Some top of a sealant with a carnauba wax. Sealants last longer than a carnauba.

Coopers ST
12-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Don't let the name fool you. Ultimate wax isn't really a wax, but a sealant. So yes, some people do top that with a real wax.

tazz68
12-20-2013, 11:05 AM
tHanks for the info guys so should i do it wax and then wen i finish waxing i use the quick spray wax to top it off.? but the paste or liquid wax

van185
12-20-2013, 12:45 PM
For a really good liquid wax to top coat with I use Collinite 845. One of the best liquid wax for the price.

The Guz
12-20-2013, 03:48 PM
tHanks for the info guys so should i do it wax and then wen i finish waxing i use the quick spray wax to top it off.? but the paste or liquid wax

Use ultimate wax first then use ultimate quik wax in between washes as a maintenance product. Be sure to let ultimate wax to cure for about 12 hours after you have removed it. Then you can add another coat or a coat of carnauba.

I usually use ultimate quik detailer and ultimate wax (once a month) as maintenance (in between washes).

KenR
12-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Have had good results with Liquid Souveran, especially on lighter metallic paint.

HateSwirls
12-20-2013, 05:03 PM
For my black car I prefer the Meg's NXT, no streaks, the UW does streak but if you buff it out good then you have a great shine, IMO it's their best but not for my black RAV.

As one said I don't wax as much as I use too, I normally just apply WGGPS which is all that needed IMO.
However at the three month mark I apply the NXT liquid wax over the WG sealant, it gives me a nice shine and also make the sealant last even longer.
I was using Griot's Paint Sealant which is really good but doesn't compare to the WG IMO.

tazz68
12-22-2013, 02:00 AM
thanks guys and wat do they mean wen they " 3 coats of wax" .?

jamesboyy
12-22-2013, 02:15 AM
thanks guys and wat do they mean wen they " 3 coats of wax" .?

It means they put.three coats of wax on the paintwork

jankerson
12-22-2013, 10:25 AM

After you finish sealing it with Ultimate Wax wait 12 hours then you can put a 2nd coat of Ultimate Wax on or use Quick Wax.

It's recommended to put 2 coats of Ultimate Wax on 12 hours apart to ensure good coverage.

Ultimate Wax is really, really good stuff.. :xyxthumbs:

But I have found WG DGPS to be slightly better, shine wise. :xyxthumbs:

I don't think one can go wrong with Ultimate Wax, NXT 2.0 or WG DGPS as all are excellent products. :)

ronkh57
12-22-2013, 10:59 AM
I like PB Liquid Natty's blue

Flash Gordon
12-22-2013, 11:05 AM

Is that you Ronkh?!?!?

mwoolfso
12-22-2013, 07:12 PM

Which does nothing to help the poster's question.