PDA

View Full Version : Megs D155 Last Touch Spray Detailer

BlackRam
12-19-2013, 07:47 PM
I just got a gallon of d155. On the directions it says to dilute 1:1 as a clay lube. It does not say the dilution to use as a quik detailer. Does anyone know?

Thanks

goldendodo19
12-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Straight. Works pretty well. I like it because it's economical, slick finish and smells nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

OnsiteDetailing
12-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Great product. Do not dilute as a quick detail spray.

HateSwirls
12-19-2013, 08:00 PM
For a QD use it right out of the gallon.
Love the smell, almost like coconut.
A gallon last me along time, if you break down the price it's much cheaper than buying 16oz bottles of the QD.
Makes for a cheap lube being you can dilute it 1:1.
Money saver for sure.

BlackRam
12-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am getting different answers. I only got it like hateswirls says to save money over the 16oz OTC bottle of megs quik detailer. Onsite poster says dont us a qd? Does 1:1 mean straight out of bottle?

HateSwirls
12-19-2013, 08:44 PM
1:1 means half water and half product.
When I say out of the bottle I mean pour it into a spray bottle but straight without using any water.

Thanks for the replies. I am getting different answers. I only got it like hateswirls saysut to save money over the 16oz OTC bottle of megs quik detailer. Onsite poster says dont us a qd? Does 1:1 mean straight out of bottle?

aim4squirrels
12-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Just bought the 2 gallon and spray bottle special AG had on sale with a 20% off and free shipping. It was a steal at that price and the look it leaves behind is fantastic on the paint. Makes the garage smell good, too.

One thing I have noticed, at least on my car it needs a buff off with a dry towel.

BlackRam
12-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Just bought the 2 gallon and spray bottle special AG had on sale with a 20% off and free shipping. It was a steal at that price and the look it leaves behind is fantastic on the paint. Makes the garage smell good, too.

One thing I have noticed, at least on my car it needs a buff off with a dry towel.

What dilution did you use?

aim4squirrels
12-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Full strength. As a QD, that's the recommendation.

The half product/half water dilution ratio is for use as a clay lubricant.

If you are claying the vehicle, you've obviously washed all the major debris off, and should really follow up with a polishing step, so light marring will be removed upon polishing. This means a little lost lubricity is ok, and might even be needed for the clay to grab impurities in the paint.

When using it as a QD to remove light dust, you don't want to sacrifice any lubricity, so use full strength.

To use as a drying aid after washing to keep water spotting at bay, experiment with dilution ratios to find the minimum product needed to get the result you want.

BlackRam
12-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Full strength. As a QD, that's the recommendation.

The half product/half water dilution ratio is for use as a clay lubricant.

If you are claying the vehicle, you've obviously washed all the major debris off, and should really follow up with a polishing step, so light marring will be removed upon polishing. This means a little lost lubricity is ok, and might even be needed for the clay to grab impurities in the paint.

When using it as a QD to remove light dust, you don't want to sacrifice any lubricity, so use full strength.

To use as a drying aid after washing to keep water spotting at bay, experiment with dilution ratios to find the minimum product needed to get the result you want.

:thankyousign: