PDA

View Full Version : Removing VLR

Grifffx4
12-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Hi, new here, hope this is the right place to post this question...

I just applied Mothers VLR to my '13 F150 interior this past weekend.

I have decided to apply some vinyl wrap to my steering wheel spokes that are made of rubber (I think).

Usually, when applying some sort of decal directions call for use of alcohol to clean the area. I know alcohol will fade and turn plastics/rubbers white and hazy so I don't want to use alcohol in case I end up removing the wrap.

What is a safe product that will remove the Mothers VLR and any oils like alcohol?

Thanks

Just02896
12-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi, new here, hope this is the right place to post this question...

I just applied Mothers VLR to my '13 F150 interior this past weekend.

I have decided to apply some vinyl wrap to my steering wheel spokes that are made of rubber (I think).

Usually, when applying some sort of decal directions call for use of alcohol to clean the area. I know alcohol will fade and turn plastics/rubbers white and hazy so I don't want to use alcohol in case I end up removing the wrap.

What is a safe product that will remove the Mothers VLR and any oils like alcohol?

Thanks

I would use a good all purpose cleaner. Something like OPC or Meg's at full strength and then wipe off the cleaner with a moist MF towel. That will leave pretty much any surface clean, naked, and unprotected.

Grifffx4
12-19-2013, 09:14 AM
I would use a good all purpose cleaner. Something like OPC or Meg's at full strength and then wipe off the cleaner with a moist MF towel. That will leave pretty much any surface clean, naked, and unprotected.

Thanks!:xyxthumbs:

Sorry, I dont know the acronym's yet.

What is OPC? Meg's is Meguires?:o

Just02896
12-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Thanks!:xyxthumbs:

Sorry, I dont know the acronym's yet.

What is OPC? Meg's is Meguires?:o

Sorry, Optimum power clean. (OPC)
Optimum Power Clean All Purpose Cleaner 17 oz.Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-power-clean-apc.html)

vet
12-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Welcome! Congrats on the new ride too!

nissenc1337
12-19-2013, 01:58 PM
I really like VLR however, if too much is applied it'll be very shiny and slippery. So ensuring all the product is removed is important. VLR will leave a duller finish when the excess product has been removed.

welcome and congrats!

Grifffx4
12-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Welcome! Congrats on the new ride too!

I really like VLR however, if too much is applied it'll be very shiny and slippery. So ensuring all the product is removed is important. VLR will leave a duller finish when the excess product has been removed.

welcome and congrats!

Thanks guys:dblthumb2:

Grifffx4
12-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Sorry, Optimum power clean. (OPC)
Optimum Power Clean All Purpose Cleaner 17 oz.Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-power-clean-apc.html)

Got it! Thanks for the link