PDA

View Full Version : damnit, another issue with Outlook

Pages : [1] 2

Surfer
06-29-2007, 11:48 AM
I swear I'm gonna kill Bill Gates lol.

I have like 10 messages in email, yet when I try to foward stuff from my Yahoo account, its says undeliverable, mailbox full, yet I've been conversing with other clients still on Outlook email with no issues, but another client was trying to send me stuff and kept getting returned back to him saying my email was full.

???

Varrus
06-29-2007, 12:05 PM
What e-mail service are you using ? Are you leaving the messages on the e-mail server? Theres a setting in Outlook to delete the message off of the server once it gets downloaded to your computer by Outlook.

Surfer
06-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Microsoft Outlook, Pop3 account through Myersinternet I believe

JSR
06-29-2007, 02:07 PM
SurferDo not know if it applies to non-networked computers but I believe Outlook has a size allocation to how much it will hold. And it counts everything, calenders, sent mail, deleted mail, to do lists, etcCannot remember exactly where the button is but from the Outlook main on the top menu, one of the left two menu selections, one of them will lead you to a ?properties? selection that will tell you how big your files are. You may need to delete some old files.In my corporate world we are held to 50M on the servers and hit that with regularity. It sounds like the same thing.Just a thoughtJohn

Varrus
06-29-2007, 07:01 PM
The limit is caused by the pop server. You should set Outlook to not leave messages on the server and then when you download the emails with Outlook it takes it off the pop server. The only draw back is that if you have a computer/ harddrive wipe you will lose the emails that you download because the only copy is on your computer. I suggest saving your important emails on a cd if its really important for back up.

Surfer
06-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Yup already fixed it, somehow that button got checked and I never checked it as it was working fine for the past couple days after I did a system restore. And yeh, temm me about it, did the restore and lost 1K emails:mad:, I'm not a tech guy with computers and didn't know a Pop3 doesn't save to a server, Miccrosoft told me I'd be fine and the emails would be there after rebooting.....

Bob Who
06-29-2007, 08:48 PM
I swear I'm gonna kill Bill Gates lol.

I have like 10 messages in email, yet when I try to foward stuff from my Yahoo account, its says undeliverable, mailbox full, yet I've been conversing with other clients still on Outlook email with no issues, but another client was trying to send me stuff and kept getting returned back to him saying my email was full.

???

-------------------------------------------->Sometimes stupidity rises to the level of a high crime .....Not a good week for you. Got any Paxil in the house ?

Surfer
06-29-2007, 08:52 PM
-------------------------------------------->Sometimes stupidity rises to the level of a high crime .....Not a good week for you. Got any Paxil in the house ?http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/coco.gif ooooook, whatever bubba

dengood1
06-29-2007, 09:49 PM
-------------------------------------------->Sometimes stupidity rises to the level of a high crime .....Not a good week for you. Got any Paxil in the house ?

Surfer, I think you've got yourself a heckler. That's twice "Bob" has called you stupid in the past 24 hrs. What's a matter Bob, you no likey Surfer??

Surfer
06-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Surfer, I think you've got yourself a haggler. That's twice "Bob" has called you stupid in the past 24 hrs. What's a matter Bob, you no likey Surfer??I musta touched a nerve lol, but he mentioned that florida humidty stupidity thingy to somebody else in another thread...oh wel http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/coco.gif

dengood1
06-30-2007, 05:01 AM
I musta touched a nerve lol, but he mentioned that florida humidty stupidity thingy to somebody else in another thread...oh wel

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/coco.gif I meant heckler, not haggler....duh.

Varrus
06-30-2007, 02:39 PM
That sucks that you lost all the emails .. should have backed them up heheh

Surfer
06-30-2007, 02:43 PM
That sucks that you lost all the emails .. should have backed them up hehehhttp://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/cursin.gif lol

07SteedaQ335
06-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Send your drive out for data recovery!

ftw!

Surfer
06-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Send your drive out for data recovery!

ftw!can't, then I won't be able to work lol