PDA

View Full Version : Wax topped with Wax?

gpdallam
06-29-2007, 08:48 AM
I've got AW, liquid Souveran and LS spray.

After my new paint cures a bit i'm going to polish DG 101/105, seal with Wolfgang DGPS and wax.

Are you guys finding that there are super results from topping one wax with another? After the sealant of course.

thanksFeed back please

AG is great!

Greg

D
06-29-2007, 08:55 AM
No.

A1monky
06-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Layering wax is not the best idea. If you layered nuba it would most likely strip off the previous layer. It sounds like you have DG101, 105, and LS.
If you dont have swirls. Clay, DG101, DG105, then LS.
Using 105 and wolfgang is a waste because they are both sealants.
101 will prep the surface for the 105. and one layer of wax will be fine.
hope this helps...
PS. let your paint fully cure before you use Clay or the sealants!

gpdallam
06-29-2007, 10:31 AM
jeez you sure saved me a lot of work, and wasted product.

I seriously thought I was s'posed to polish, seal, and wax. But if DGPS strips off the DG 105, I'm just getting exercise.

nothing like a little good information.

much thanks,

Greg:applause:

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-29-2007, 10:40 AM
I honestly feel that as long as you are using a nuba with ZERO cleaners this is very subjective......

On my personal vehicles I throw nuba (with no cleaner) on top of my sealant, it just gives it a depth that just the sealant doesn't.

A1monky
06-29-2007, 01:19 PM
On my personal vehicles I throw nuba (with no cleaner) on top of my sealant, it just gives it a depth that just the sealant doesn't.[/quote]

Yea, using nuba after a sealant works out great! I do that also, dg101 and LS. But, using 2 diffrent sealants on top of each other does not make any sense.

*Oh, and greg use the spray wax to help maintain the LS wax.
You are supposed to clay, polish(DG101), seal(DG105), and wax(liquid souveran). The DG101 is a polish, cleaner, and has a light seal properties.*