PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Black mustang 5.0 paint questions

DRT BRD
12-17-2013, 02:14 PM
I've done a few of these now and have never had near the problems I had today. 5.0 came in for a correction and nothing worked to remove the marring I was seeing. M205/black/white/blue/red Optimum GPS with the same along with their MF discs. D151 with all sorts of pads. Even changed from my Rupes to my PC. Nothing. D300 mixed with m205 and some other crazy combos. lol low speed no pressure at all. High speed no pressure. Quick passes, slow passes any many more. Oh and optimum polish too

Here's where it's crazy. I was removing swirls (pretty moderate ones) with D301 and a black foam. Any MF disc marred it worse. I'm pretty lost on what to try next. I've corrected GTR's, suburus which are notorious for sticky and soft paint and never struggled like this.

Mike? Anyone?

Evan.J
12-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Do you have Menzerna SF4000?

I know I had the same trouble with a black Audi and I was able to clear up the marring with a finishing pad and SF4000. I used speed 3 on my Rupes and that helped as well.

DRT BRD
12-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Unfortunately not. Looks like I'll be picking some up

Just02896
12-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Do you have Menzerna SF4000?

I know I had the same trouble with a black Audi and I was able to clear up the marring with a finishing pad and SF4000. I used speed 3 on my Rupes and that helped as well.

:iagree:

Menz products have Always worked for me when others fell short!

LilJayV10
12-19-2013, 02:45 AM
I've done a few of these now and have never had near the problems I had today. 5.0 came in for a correction and nothing worked to remove the marring I was seeing. M205/black/white/blue/red Optimum GPS with the same along with their MF discs. D151 with all sorts of pads. Even changed from my Rupes to my PC. Nothing. D300 mixed with m205 and some other crazy combos. lol low speed no pressure at all. High speed no pressure. Quick passes, slow passes any many more. Oh and optimum polish too

Here's where it's crazy. I was removing swirls (pretty moderate ones) with D301 and a black foam. Any MF disc marred it worse. I'm pretty lost on what to try next. I've corrected GTR's, suburus which are notorious for sticky and soft paint and never struggled like this.

Mike? Anyone?

I haven't had any experience with the clear they are putting on the new Fords. However I will say if the paint is soft try something other than M205. I'm a die hard Meg's fan but M205 even on a black pad will not finish down without marring on soft to moderately soft paint. I use KBM and talked to him several times about it but it never finished down well.

I would guess that the correction you were getting from the D301 was probably just filling.

As mentioned I would try Menz SF4000. I would suggest a LC black pad. Make sure you keep cleaning the pad on the fly. Pushing the pad into a MF towel helps a bunch. It helps pull excess product of the pad.

Also look into the 'Reflect' that Corey at CarPro sells. Good stuff.