PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique first time

BrianMcLeod
12-17-2013, 01:35 AM
About to apply some leatherque how do I apply it? How long do I let it soak in?

http://www.autogeekmobile.net/leather-rejuvenator-oil.html

LS430FL
12-17-2013, 10:52 AM
I used this a few times on my 97 Rollls Royce silver spur to soften up the leather when I got it because being an older car it was a little firm. The stuff actually works pretty well. I put some on an applicator and wiped it on enough to leave it slightly wet. I applied to all surfaces I wanted softer and then closed all the windows and doors and left it in the sun for 2-3 hours. Buffed off the residue and it was noticably softer. Reapplied following the same process a month later and was very happy.

I will say the only reason I don't use this product anymore is because I was recommended "hide food" while at a car show with the Rolls. I tried it and liked it much better for the connolly leather that a Rolls Royce has but other cars the leatherique is great.

Rmd
12-17-2013, 11:18 AM
You want the conditioner coat to fully wet the leather but not so much that it is dripping or running. Let it sit in sun, but I would leave it much longer than 2-3 hours. Do it in the morning and leave it in the sun all day. You might need to go over seats twice with the cleaner at the end, it's not the easiest thing to remove. Seats can still feel a bit tacky almost but it goes away overnight. It's a process for sure, but the product produces beautiful results.

van185
12-17-2013, 05:10 PM
I have only used it on King Ranch Leather and it works great. I put a pretty thick first coat and let it set overnight. The next day I took a soft cotton shirt and wiped the excess. The seats looked amazing. I have applied several coats since that time and the seats get better with every coat. It is one of the best leather conditioner products that I've used. I callled the company direct and was told that heat will help to make the product work quicker, but letting it set overnight will do teh same thing.

BrianMcLeod
12-17-2013, 09:23 PM
How do I get the sticking stuff off after applying it

Rsurfer
12-17-2013, 09:35 PM
How do I get the sticking stuff off after applying it
Clean with Prestine Clean. Seems like a lot are skipping this last step.

Rmd
12-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Clean with Prestine Clean. Seems like a lot are skipping this last step.

Yikes. I don't get how this step could be skipped. The purpose of the first step, applying the motor oil like "conditioner" and letting it sit all day is to bring dirt, body oils, and other gunk to the surface. The second step, pristine clean removes all the contaminants suspended in the dried conditioner (which is usually still tacky or sticky).
Perhaps the product naming, which is the reverse of the more common clean first then condition, is throwing people?

Rsurfer
12-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Yikes. I don't get how this step could be skipped. The purpose of the first step, applying the motor oil like "conditioner" and letting it sit all day is to bring dirt, body oils, and other gunk to the surface. The second step, pristine clean removes all the contaminants suspended in the dried conditioner (which is usually still tacky or sticky).
Perhaps the product naming, which is the reverse of the more common clean first then condition, is throwing people?

It sure sounds like it.