PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever have problems while using paypal?

Pages : [1] 2

ltoman
06-29-2007, 03:16 AM
i was reading all this stuff online about paypal taking money without authorization, falsely charging cards, freezing accounts...
any one here ever have issues like that with paypal?

look at this:
PayPalSucks.com is where you will learn about the PayPal Class Action Lawsuit, Abuse, Fraud & evil behind the PayPal system! (http://www.paypalsucks.com)

is this valid?

klumzypinoy
06-29-2007, 03:22 AM
Wow I've never had a paypal problem, but I've only used it once or twice. I linked my debit card into Paypal, nothing wrong so far.

YoMike
06-29-2007, 03:26 AM
I run an online business. My cart is hooked direct to PayPal. Over 4 years and 15,000 plus transaction not one problem! I've read those stories, that's only a handful of unhappy people considering PayPal has 120 million members. Paypal will protest you when doing business online more aggressively than your own credit card company.

Ivan Rajic
06-29-2007, 03:48 AM
^^+1... I've never had a problem and have been through at least 500+ transactions in the past 1.5-2 years

ltoman
06-29-2007, 03:52 AM
I do business with them - buying and selling on ebay - you might be surprised over the years how that adds up! I have even paid for AG that way. The only problem I have ever had was when I filed a dispute - I had to call them multiple times and the employees were total idiots, I must say, but I got my refund eventually for badly damaged merchandise.
I just saw this, and went - OMG, so I wanted to see what you guys had experienced.
I am neurotic - sitting here picturing them wiping out my account, God forbid.....
(knocking on wood...lol)

ltoman
06-29-2007, 03:54 AM
I run an online business. My cart is hooked direct to PayPal. Over 4 years and 15,000 plus transaction not one problem! I've read those stories, that's only a handful of unhappy people considering PayPal has 120 million members. Paypal will protest you when doing business online more aggressively than your own credit card company.
maui, eh?
ot - i know - we are here in hawaii currently for our anniversary - but not going to maui this year.

rwisejr
06-29-2007, 05:55 AM
I use the service all the time.I have never had an issue with them at all.I have been using it for 6 + years .Any disputes were handled promptly.I think a lot of the people that had issues were mostly not following the rules.They would call their credit card companies to stop card payments instead of letting paypal resolve the issue and it complicates things that way.I have been quite happy with the service and try to buy online only from etailers that use this service.I feel safer controlling my purchases thru there.

ScottB
06-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Only problem I have had in past four years. One guy never sent product. Paypal found me correct and I won my funds back. Unfortunately because he already transferred them to his account and had no more coming in they could not actually refund. Could not understand why they would not shut him down, or just lock account until funds provided. Loss = 49.99

dengood1
06-29-2007, 06:49 AM
Never a problem with Paypal, but my Ebay password was stolen recently and Ebay was all over it before I even knew-----locked my account and sent me an email to tell me to change my password:righton: No problems with Paypal after 5+ years.

greg'sgoat
06-29-2007, 07:17 AM
If you are buying, paypal is always on your side. Selling, you take the risk or getting scammed by a fake "buyer".

Torsion Tool
06-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Don't you need to maintain an open account with PayPal? There's enough to keep track of already. What about carrying/maintenance charges?

Surfer
06-29-2007, 10:06 AM
I despise Paypal, they froze my account once for 6 months, said it was for fraud review ###. All they said at the end was "sorry". Its well known all they do is freeze the account nd sit on the interest of whatever money is in there.

PayPalSucks.com is where you will learn about the PayPal Class Action Lawsuit, Abuse, Fraud & evil behind the PayPal system! (http://www.paypalsucks.com)

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Never had any problems with selling/buying with PP.. I know quite a few people that buy/sell using PP and have yet to hear of any issues....

Jimmie
06-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Can't stand nor do I respect any entity that is so aggressive online that you can't cancel without going through a maze. And even then luck better be on your side. PayPal and AOL are both that way. Not proud to say I'm still with both. No I don't want to be.

wytstang
06-29-2007, 10:54 AM
No problems so far.