PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Techniques?

ArtFoodBMW
12-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Hey AG members,

I'm new to the detailing world, and recently started Enthusiast Detailing (Enthusiastdetail.com) and was wondering what each of you do for marketing your detailing business. I have a website, facebook page, craigslist ads, and flyers in a couple local auto shops, but I haven't been receiving too many calls. I'm hoping you have all the answers for me :xyxthumbs:
Thanks ahead of time!

Colinpd137
12-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Word of Mouth
Google Adwords
Car Shows

3 main ones for me.

HateSwirls
12-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Word of mouth goes along way.
I told myself I needed 15 customers to gain more, sure enough I gained a lot more,cthey they about your work to family, friends and coworkers.
Just make sure to do the best job you can on every car, never let up because word of mouth goes both ways.

WillWashesCars
12-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Word of mouth the absolute strongest form of advertising. Depending on your region things like adwords and google ranking could be useful. Also start working on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram!

mwoolfso
12-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Join your local chamber of commerce and contribute. Many of those members have cars. :-)

wrb_subie
12-17-2013, 12:31 AM
^^ agree with word of mouth. I did one car and by the end of the week I did both his neighbors cars.

Pureshine
12-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Word of mouth is 90% of my business.
Website
Facebook
list your business on Google,Yahoo,Bing and other listings
I have tried Google adwords not much luck but other people have great results with it.

ArtFoodBMW
12-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks for your responses, so obviously I just need to start getting the word out around here.
I know it's a controversial topic, but do you think it's worth it to stick business cards in windows, just to get a couple of first clients?

zmcgovern45
12-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks for your responses, so obviously I just need to start getting the word out around here.
I know it's a controversial topic, but do you think it's worth it to stick business cards in windows, just to get a couple of first clients?

I rarely do this, but occasionally I will see a car that I just can't pass up and I will stick a business card under their wiper blade with a short note written on the back... usually something like "Gorgeous car! Please let me know if you're ever in need of any detailing services, products, or just want to chat with another 'car guy'." Just something friendly, and informal... basically just saying Hey! I like your car, and if you would like me to, I'd be more than happy to work on it... otherwise, no hard feelings, I just like to look at it! haha

With that being said, I have never gained a customer from this, but I have had a couple of text messages saying something along the lines of 'thanks for the card - your site is very impressive and I'll let you know if I ever need anything'.

Long story short, I don't think it is a very effective form of marketing at all... but sometimes I do it just to say "Hi".

ZimRandy
12-17-2013, 10:56 AM

Would you contact a business if they left a card on your window? ;)

You may get a couple, but I'd bet they are price driven customers more than quality driven customers.

Just my opinion,
Randy

AutowerxDetailing
12-17-2013, 12:41 PM
I rarely do this, but occasionally I will see a car that I just can't pass up and I will stick a business card under their wiper blade with a short note written on the back... usually something like "Gorgeous car! Please let me know if you're ever in need of any detailing services, products, or just want to chat with another 'car guy'." Just something friendly, and informal... basically just saying Hey! I like your car, and if you would like me to, I'd be more than happy to work on it... otherwise, no hard feelings, I just like to look at it! haha

With that being said, I have never gained a customer from this, but I have had a couple of text messages saying something along the lines of 'thanks for the card - your site is very impressive and I'll let you know if I ever need anything'.

Long story short, I don't think it is a very effective form of marketing at all... but sometimes I do it just to say "Hi".

I've "carded" a few nice cars with hacked up paint with no results. However, on one card I left a little note on the back "I can fix the scratches on your door," I got a call back the same day. They haven't booked yet but in my experience if you are going to drop cards off... put a note on the back to give them a reason to call you.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online