PDA

View Full Version : Must have products under $$$

Pages : [1] 2

Coopers ST
12-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Being new at this there is lots of stuff I don't have, lots I don't need, and lots I just plain want. It would be so easy to blow my mortgage money and not even know what happened. So, I am on a budget. I can save that money and pool it to get something more expensive or just get cheaper stuff to build up my needs. Knowing that lets say you had...

$20, what would you get

$40...

$60...

$100

If I skip eating out for lunch twice a week I would have almost $20 there. So what say you...

Klasse Act
12-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Spend $40.00 on a gallon of Duragloss rinsless wash, best rinsless on the market IMO, plus it has Aquawax infused in it, can't beat it. Not only will you be doing rinseless washes with it but you can make quick detailer and clay lube out of it as well, so that $40.00 ends up saving you $$$$$$$!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

b0b
12-16-2013, 01:00 PM
When I first started I found that getting tools was more "rewarding" than products... I've been building my towel, brush and polisher collection little by little. So here is my list..

$20- microfiber towels, brushes (wheels, emblems, leather, ect...), a good wash mitt or two, PC brush attachments, backing plates..

$40- set of Daytona wheel brushes or wheel woolies

$60- 6 pack of pads, storage containers for all your newly acquired towels and pads

$80- Metro Sidekick

$100- Right now I'd stock up on some gallon products... Pinnacle has some great deals on leather cleaner / conditioner and wheel cleaner... Stuff that you know you'll always need.

Just some of MANY things you could buy

Coopers ST
12-16-2013, 01:29 PM
I have a bunch of microfiber some good some cheap some big some small like washcloth size. I just got a GG6 and a bunch of pads. I got a pad cleaning brush and cleaner. I have grit guards, and some waxes and polishes.

VP Mark
12-16-2013, 01:48 PM
What are you doing with it? Running a part time business with the products will be totally different than caring for your own car.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Chris's FX4
12-16-2013, 02:23 PM
$20 - Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant. A little literally goes a long way and its very easy to apply, meaning its hard to mess it up. It lasts about 3-4 months outside 24/7.

$40- Gallon of Mothers Foaming Wheel & Tire Cleaner, Wolfgang Fuzion Mini, or Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant. All three are awesome.:dblthumb2:

$60- 500ml of CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant ($64.99). Easy as its gets and is a great topper and just as great by itself.

$100- Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating. Covers multiple surfaces, so why not get it?:laughing:

mwoolfso
12-16-2013, 02:30 PM
What are you doing with it? Running a part time business with the products will be totally different than caring for your own car.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

+1....

To me, initial purchase is important but total cost of ownership is just as important in my book.

TundraPower
12-16-2013, 03:23 PM
If you're just doing this for yourself, save your pennies for the good stuff. For example, I would much rather have one very nice wax than 5 jars of "average" wax. That's how I roll :)

Coopers ST
12-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Just caring for my personal cars. No business or anything like that.

FUNX650
12-16-2013, 03:45 PM
So, I am on a budget.
Knowing that lets say you had...

$20, what would you get.......Collinite #845

$40...Pinnacle Sig. Series II

$60...12 ea. assorted Microfiber towels

$100 <<<Budget Buster

If I skip eating out for lunch twice a week I would have almost $20 there. So what say you...

Say what?!?!
$20 would barely cover one of my lunches!!

:)

Bob

mwoolfso
12-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Just caring for my personal cars. No business or anything like that.

Next question..... what do you want to do with your personal cars? Remove swirls or hide them? Add slickness and gloss or just "clean" the paint? Until we know what you want to do any response relative to your budget is "shooting at the hip".

b0b
12-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Edit: (Double post--sorry!)

b0b
12-17-2013, 08:12 PM
What are your personal cars that you will be maintaining if you dont mind me asking?

Coopers ST
12-17-2013, 08:48 PM
My personal cars are a 2013 Focus ST and a 2005 Santa Fe. They are daily drivers, though for us means less than 10 miles a day. They are outside at work and in at home.

Before I just cleaned them, now though I want to step it up. I have the GG6 and a bunch of pads to help with that. I want to have cars that look better than 95&#37; of the other cars on the road. I know there will always be cars in better condition than mine, but I think mine can be better than the majority. I want to remove swirls and have slick glossy paint.

wlshephard
12-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Being new at this there is lots of stuff I don't have, lots I don't need, and lots I just plain want. It would be so easy to blow my mortgage money and not even know what happened. So, I am on a budget. I can save that money and pool it to get something more expensive or just get cheaper stuff to build up my needs. Knowing that lets say you had...

Under $20 Meguiars Mirror Glaze #26 Hi-Tech Paste Car Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/meg26hitpasw.html)

$20 Meguiars M105 Ultra-Cut Compound 32 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-mirror-glaze-105-ultra-cut-compound.html)

$30 Meguiars M205 Ultra Finishing Polish 32 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-finishing-polish.html)

$40 Riccardo Yellow Clay & Lube Combo (http://www.autogeek.net/riccardo-clay-kit.html)

$60 Mequiars Microfiber DA cutting disc ( 1 regular and 1 xtra cut) and Chemical Guys hex logic polishing pad ( 1 white and one black)

$100 Meguiars Detailer’s Essentials Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-detailers-kit.html)

I need to skip lunch every once in a while.