PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna PF2500 like polish vs M205

Tato
12-16-2013, 07:01 AM
Hello my dears,

I own M205 finishing polish and use it often. When I do a test spot trying to figure out the least aggressive way to do a job, M205 is almost always failing (by little) to do exactly what I want.

That way, my second least aggressive product is aggressive in fact, a compound (UC, M105, etc).

By doing a compounding step, I would use M205 to follow making it a 2 step correction most customers are not willing to pay.

That said, I'm in need of an 'intermediate' polish, and I've read wonders about PF2500.

Fact is, Menzerna is DAT (correct if I'm wrong, please), and I've only used SMAT products. I'm afraid of changing SMAT for DAT (in Brazil we tell 'you don't change a team that is winning')...

PF2500 has the advantage to be readily accessible for purchase locally.

Can someone give me any insight of a good 'intermediate' polish (in between a compound and finishing polish steps), that would help me getting more from single step corrections?

If possible, I would like something to be used on MF pads (I've ordered the LC and Meg's (Cut/Finish) that are to arrive).

Thank you very much in advance,

Kind Regards.

Flash Gordon
12-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Finishing with Meguiar's M105 Ultra Cut Compound - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/paint-correction-gloss-enhancement/38683-finishing-meguiars-m105-ultra-cut-compound.html)

Try also using a more aggressive pad with your 205

Tato
12-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Hello,

Using a coarser pad with 205 haven't work in my case, I still need a second step.

However, (I've read the suggested topic long ago), you went right through the point. When I read the topic of Todd, I was not experienced with a DA.
Reading it again gave me new ideas.

Maybe my second step needed with 205 would be to follow the same way proposed to M105 (primed finishing pad)... Or should stick with the M105 '2 in 1' steps, for sure I'll test both.

What I mean is that your contribution was really good to my needs.

Thank you very much for that,

Kind Regards.

Flash Gordon
12-16-2013, 08:43 AM
You are welcome!

I'm sure Todd would happy to hear your thoughts/questions

Mike Phillips
12-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Hello my dears,

I own M205 finishing polish and use it often. When I do a test spot trying to figure out the least aggressive way to do a job, M205 is almost always failing (by little) to do exactly what I want.

Are you using a dual action polisher and is it leaving DA Haze or micro-marring in the paint?

PF2500 has the advantage to be readily accessible for purchase locally.

Can someone give me any insight of a good 'intermediate' polish (in between a compound and finishing polish steps), that would help me getting more from single step corrections?

The PF 2500 should work for you as an intermediate polish.

If possible, I would like something to be used on MF pads (I've ordered the LC and Meg's (Cut/Finish) that are to arrive).

Isn't going to work. At least not on softer paint systems.

Each of the fibers that make up a fiber pad has the potential to "cut" the paint. The cut or scratch if you're using a dual action polish will look like DA Haze, also called micro-marring also called Tick Marks. I have an article on this somewhere.

Foam pads will always finish out nicer on a wider spectrum of paint systems because you have a uniform surface texture. The fibers that make up a fiber pad will always have the potential to cut the paint.

You might not see the cuts if you don't somehow chemically strip the paint and you also might not see the cuts on light colors. On black though, it's pretty easy to see and when we're talking about clear coats then if it's happening on black paint it's likely happening on all paints it's just your eyes can't see it on lighter colors.

Menzerna - New Names and Product Numbers (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/47067-menzerna-new-names-product-numbers.html)

Free spinning tools like the PC are more forgiving than direct drive tools also. See my comments somewhere in this thread,

Christmas Detail - Ferrari P4 - Move over Rudolf (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/58698-christmas-detail-ferrari-p4-move-over-rudolf.html)

:)

Tato
12-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Thank you very much for answer. Yes, I'm using a DA (only have a G220v2). My issue with M205 (sorry not specifying better) is that it 'creates a gloss', however it's leaving some defects behind on harder paints. I would like a bit more correction from it.

Thanks for encouraging me on PF2500, I'll get some locally and test by myself. Do you have a 'tip' for a first-time switcher from SMAT to DAT which is worth considering?

Here's the link for the product I'm about to order (If I can't post this link, please, correct me):
Power Finish Menzerna - PF 2500 Menzerna - Menzerna alemão (http://www.miromi.com.br/menzerna-polidor-power-finish-pf-2500-1-litro.html)

I'm in doubt because car care products costs at least 5x the price in my country, but this site is selling PF2500 for the same price at AG (~$50).

Is there any concern, like it's an old batch, discontinued product? I don't trust any seller other than AG or the original vendor (sorry, life made me be this way). However I've already ordered at this store and believe all went good.

I also would like to thank you for the topics indication, I've got some great read, as always.

Kind Regards.