PDA

View Full Version : Which Wash Mitt or Wash Pad are you using?

Pages : [1] 2 3

RFulmer
12-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Looking for suggestions on a wash mitt/pad. I typically like a double sided pad more than a mitt but if a particular mitt is better I'll use it.

I have been using an Adam's pad but have concerns that it's rough on my paint. I couldn't use it at all on my Mini or it would leave marring. Any suggestions for something similar but softer?

In the past I had one of the real hairy wookie type pads and didn't really like it since it didn't seem to hold much soap.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
12-15-2013, 09:07 AM
I like CG's microfiber wash mitt, it's larger than the ones AG sells and has more microfiber.

I believe it's on amazon for $8 shipped if you have prime.

jartx
12-15-2013, 09:21 AM
I have several and like the Meguiar's wash mitt and the Autozone green mitt that Junkman recommended a while back the best. Another option if you don't really like mitts, is these blue rolled towels (http://www.autogeek.net/super-soft-microfiber-towels.html). I like those too.

RFulmer
12-15-2013, 09:24 AM
I like CG's microfiber wash mitt, it's larger than the ones AG sells and has more microfiber.

I believe it's on amazon for $8 shipped if you have prime.

I see they have it available in a wash pad too. And available locally. Makes it easy to try out. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll relegate the Adam's pads to the wife's car :bolt:

lyodbraun
12-15-2013, 09:34 AM
I use the carpro merino wool mitt, works great..

ww2717
12-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Three of the car pro merino wool wash mitts. One for the roof, one for the upper body panels and one for the lower body panels.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

CowboyTruckn
12-15-2013, 09:41 AM
I got the green dread style CG mitt. LOVE IT! I also have the Megs MF mitts. Good also but I love the plushness of the CG ones.

RFulmer
12-15-2013, 11:33 AM
I just picked up one of the GG Pads from Advance ( purchased online so I could use a 30% off coupon ). Feels nice.

bsmith0404
12-15-2013, 11:43 AM
I stopped into a truck stop while driving across NE a while back. They had a great MF sponge, couldn't believe I found something like that at a truck stop. Picked up 4 of them and love them, down to my last one....now if I could only remember the name of the town, truck stop, and sponge! Guess I'll be watching this thread to come up with a good replacement.

dpk20x
12-15-2013, 11:48 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about the Microfiber Madness Incredimitt. I'm probably gonna pick one up in the spring to replace my wookies fist. The incredisponge is only 15$. Might be worth looking into.

Rmd
12-15-2013, 11:52 AM
I like to use about 6 mitts when hose washing just because I don't like slowing down to rinse a mitt in rinse bucket with grit guard. I've bought a few different kinds to work into the rotation always looking for a new favorite. At present I'm partial to the microfiber madness incredimitt and the AG micro chenilles. The AG's are great because of the different colors so I can designate specific mitts for lower half of car, numbers, etc.

Klink10
12-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Did you have the coupon? All I see is 15% off.

Rmd
12-15-2013, 11:54 AM
I meant bumpers. Dang autocorrect again.

Detailed Josh
12-15-2013, 12:07 PM
I use microfibers, that I have dedicated for washing only, because I do the Gary Dean method. Debating if I want to go to an actual wash mitt if I ever go full production as even one wash I go through a heck of a lot of microfibers and wondering if I'm really going to see a difference between the two conventional wash mitt and Gary Dean methods.

hollerstiltner
12-15-2013, 12:57 PM
I have several and like the Meguiar's wash mitt and the Autozone green mitt that Junkman recommended a while back the best. Another option if you don't really like mitts, is these blue rolled towels (http://www.autogeek.net/super-soft-microfiber-towels.html). I like those too.

I too use the autozone mitt with my 2buckett washes. I like it. I use one side for my initial wash of a section followed with the other side as a final cleaning.