PDA

View Full Version : Products delivered cold

runrun411
12-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Now that it's winter and the weather's so cold I have to ask, when products are shipped are they affected by the freezing cold weather?

Hoytman
12-14-2013, 08:53 PM
At 40 degrees in my garage you should have seen how my Optimum car wash turned white. I took inside and it's good as new, but I was sort of worried.

bsmith0404
12-14-2013, 08:57 PM
We just had a huge discussion on this about a week ago. Check out this link and enjoy.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/71582-product-storage-inside-house-garage.html

Rockeey
12-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Now that it's winter and the weather's so cold I have to ask, when products are shipped are they affected by the freezing cold weather?

Possible....but not very likely at all. The products are going to be inside trucks and various distribution centers so they should never be subjected to prolonged freezing temps. Now, if you're not home when the order arrives and the shipping company leaves it on your porch and it sits there for 8-10 hours in sub zero temps then there is a possibility of something freezing. However, most of my stuff stays in the garage all winter and I've never had a product lose it's ability to do what it was designed to do.

weekendwarrior
12-14-2013, 09:37 PM
I normally leave everything in my basement, moderate temps (60-75F) so no worries. Left my car shampoo outside in storage this year, and it froze solid. Brought it in, shook it up after it defrosted (seemed thinned), looks good as new after the shake.

On the topic of age, I bought some Meguiar's gold class leather cleaner conditioner spray exactly 10 years ago. Used it (and other products) on and off, on my poker table seats (leather) and elsewhere (car leather obviously). In year 10 it worked great, just like day 1 until I emptied it.

goodinblack
12-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Car shampoo should be kept from prolonged freezing. Had a bottle freeze and it would just not sud right after it.

CowboyTruckn
12-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Never had anything freeze but they left mine in the 20 degree snow the other day. They were chilled but liquid

cardaddy
12-15-2013, 08:09 PM
I've had some AG products, (sample bottles) separate in my garage cabinet. But honestly I think that's more due to heat than cold. :dunno:

In the cold everything just tends to get really thick! :rolleyes: