PDA

View Full Version : Optimum car care product "make-ups"

Znig22
12-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Ever wondered what was in your favorite optimum car care products? Wait no longer.

MSDS (http://www.optimumcarcare.com.au/content/38/msds.html)

CDot
12-17-2013, 11:52 AM
I didn't see anything specific about ONR, just said "Polymer Blended in Water" :-(

michelliot
12-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Windex has the same warnings as most of these

FUNX650
12-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Ever wondered what was in your favorite optimum car care products? Wait no longer.

MSDS (http://www.optimumcarcare.com.au/content/38/msds.html)
Optimum's Tire Shine/Tire Gel MSDS:
-Lets me know that there are no hazardous ingredients contained therein. That's Great!!
-Allows a peek into what "Chemical Family" it belongs. OK.

But what are the type(s) of oils, additives, and (yes) even water
that constitute their "Chemical Family" make-up?

This information, for example, still has me wondering what's
actually in these particular Optimum "tire-dressing products".
In this respect:
Many other Optimum products MSDS's provisions of information are quite similar.

:dunno:

Bob

PiPUK
12-26-2013, 05:56 AM
The main reasons for these sheets are so that professionals can protect themselves and to cover themselves in case of accident. Most of the time, only a small number (and sometimes none of them) of ingredients constitute a risk and are necessary to be identified. To that end, the sheets are spot on. Certainly much better than many others who will almost take a legal threat before providing them (and even then, they are sometimes nonsense!).

Do note that these sheets are quite old now. I suspect if you were to request a sheet directly from Optimum, they would be updated several times. I'm also confident that they would be able to provide them to you in the appropriate format (European formatting is notable different, for instance).

All the best

Tresca
12-26-2013, 08:19 AM
The main reasons for these sheets are so that professionals can protect themselves and to cover themselves in case of accident. Most of the time, only a small number (and sometimes none of them) of ingredients constitute a risk and are necessary to be identified. To that end, the sheets are spot on. Certainly much better than many others who will almost take a legal threat before providing them (and even then, they are sometimes nonsense!).

Do note that these sheets are quite old now. I suspect if you were to request a sheet directly from Optimum, they would be updated several times. I'm also confident that they would be able to provide them to you in the appropriate format (European formatting is notable different, for instance).

All the best

The format of the MSDS is changing and all US companies must be in compliance by some time next year (not sure of the exact month). The US and EU sheets will look very much the same after the change over, and the MSDS will be dropped. SDS (Safety Data Sheet) will be the new name for the document with this type information.