PDA

View Full Version : Removing brake dust from Audi Calipers

jgraham37128
12-14-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm hoping an expert will be able to help me. I have a 2012 Audi Q5. I wash the vehicle and was the wheels very good but seem to still have the brown brake dust around the calipers.

Does anyone know a solution to removing this?

Robbiek
12-14-2013, 09:34 AM
A good wheel cleaner i like ammo plum gg makes a hd wheel cleaner too that you can get advance auto get some a good brush you could also try steam

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Your best bet will be with a set of dedicated wheel brushes such as the Daytona's along with a quality wheel cleaner such as Sonax Full Effect or Wolfgang Uber wheel cleaner.

Robbiek
12-14-2013, 09:51 AM
Your best bet will be with a set of dedicated wheel brushes such as the Daytona's along with a quality wheel cleaner such as Sonax Full Effect or Wolfgang Uber wheel cleaner.

How do you like wg uber wc i just got a gallon on black Friday but its been to cold to do a full wash on the cars just been able to rinse the salt off the car

RFulmer
12-14-2013, 11:12 AM

:iagree:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-14-2013, 11:44 AM
How do you like wg uber wc i just got a gallon on black Friday but its been to cold to do a full wash on the cars just been able to rinse the salt off the car

I love it! I am a big fan of it. Truly a great wheel cleaner. It is my go to and I have used quite a bit of it.

I can provide a few jobs I have done to get you motivated to get you outside to use it...

Robbiek
12-14-2013, 12:14 PM
I love it! I am a big fan of it. Truly a great wheel cleaner. It is my go to and I have used quite a bit of it.

I can provide a few jobs I have done to get you motivated to get you outside to use it...

Im glad to hear you like i never buy a gallon of stuff most of the time ill buy the small bottle and if i like it ill move to buy the bigger size. Its finally going to get above 30 later this week so im hoping to use it. My wife vw cc rims are trashed so it will be a good test.

jgraham37128
12-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Ok, I've ordered the Wolfgang Uber wheel cleaner and it even came with a brush for free. I'll post my results once it arrives and I give it a try.

Thanks for the help, or if you know of any more ideas please post.

Again, my problem is the areas that doesn't get actually touched. I'm looking for a cleaner that sprays on and washes off with high pressure and actually removes the brake dust. I'm hoping what I bought will do this.