PDA

View Full Version : Clear Plastic Cleaner / Polish Help

Islander
06-28-2007, 09:47 PM
I noticed ( a little too late ) that I got some overspray of Pinnacle Vinyl & Rubber Protectant on the clear plasic of the instrument cluster. Stoner's Invisible Glass & Windex were both unable to remove the slight stains I created. Does anyone have experience with a product that will remove these stains on the clear plastic without creating spiderwebs or marring?

FWIW - If you've never tried Pinnacle Vinyl & Rubber Protectant, it's a great product. It really rejuvinated the dash of my 9 month old car & kept the matte finnish, rather than the fake glossy look that amorall would leave.

Surfer
06-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Try a little Klasse AIO, I use it on my instrument plastic as well to clean.

supercharged
06-28-2007, 10:19 PM
I noticed ( a little too late ) that I got some overspray of Pinnacle Vinyl & Rubber Protectant on the clear plasic of the instrument cluster. Stoner's Invisible Glass & Windex were both unable to remove the slight stains I created. Does anyone have experience with a product that will remove these stains on the clear plastic without creating spiderwebs or marring?

FWIW - If you've never tried Pinnacle Vinyl & Rubber Protectant, it's a great product. It really rejuvinated the dash of my 9 month old car & kept the matte finnish, rather than the fake glossy look that amorall would leave.
Perhaps Meguiar's PlastX can get the job done right, and it is available locally.

ScottB
06-29-2007, 06:54 AM
I use Plexus or DP's Plex-all on tint, dash covers, and other areas of plexiglass and lexan. It takes up small markings rather quickly and makes all look new.