PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Brushes Jacked Up from Cold

Pages : [1] 2

swanicyouth
12-13-2013, 06:36 PM
I guess I shouldn't have been washing my wheels at 18° F.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/14/yzutydym.jpg

Two of them broke - 4th wheel in the cold this morning. Oddly enough at the tip where you bend it to get behind spokes.

First the little one broke. I saved the "tip". When the big one broke I heaved the tip across the lot in disgust.

Good thing I keep some spares

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/14/emujaba9.jpg

spiralout462
12-13-2013, 07:29 PM
I don't think those brushes owed you anything.

:)

kochdalton87
12-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Wow, I've never seen pictures like that of the Daytona's. At least you have extras to continue with!

Pureshine
12-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Did you have warm water in the bucket?

VISITOR
12-13-2013, 08:05 PM
looks like those has some miles on them, how long have you had them?

swanicyouth
12-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Did you have warm water in the bucket?

Nope.

swanicyouth
12-13-2013, 11:01 PM
looks like those has some miles on them, how long have you had them?

I bought the little one at Detail Fest 2012. The big one a few months before that. I do use them each time I wash my cars. So, they've probably been used over 75 times. The little one not so much. That one surprised me. I just recently started using the little one more and more.

Now I'll have to get 2 more extras for my stash.

The Critic
12-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Get some wheel woolies instead. Much easier to use with less splatter.

I pre-soak the wheel with Meguiars Wheel Brightener diluted 3:1. It takes very little time and even the dirtiest wheels are completely clean in a min or two.

Dr Oldz
12-14-2013, 01:06 AM
LMFAO @ "heaved"

I can see me doing that also.

Edse30
12-14-2013, 03:35 AM
dang man, i personally beat the crap out of my daytona JR brush and its still in real nice shape after about a year. The way i use it and the way it looks i feel it'll last me for at least 5 years.
sorry to see that.
at least they died in battle, meaning they died doing what they were meant to do.
I almost feel a little pride in my tools when i have to retire them due to them breaking while working on a car or something. But I'm just weird like that. Haha!

swanicyouth
12-14-2013, 06:27 AM
dang man, i personally beat the crap out of my daytona JR brush and its still in real nice shape after about a year. The way i use it and the way it looks i feel it'll last me for at least 5 years.
sorry to see that.
at least they died in battle, meaning they died doing what they were meant to do.
I almost feel a little pride in my tools when i have to retire them due to them breaking while working on a car or something. But I'm just weird like that. Haha!

Everything breaks for me. I'm a destroyer. I use every thing a little harder than most. The odd thing was it was 2 at once in the same exact wheel. Maybe the cold had something to do with it? I do have all the Wheel Woolies and the bent one. The don't work on certain wheels to get behind the spokes.

Dogfather
12-14-2013, 06:39 AM
If I were to wash my wheels in 18° weather, the ends of my fingers would fall off before the ends of the brush.

swanicyouth
12-14-2013, 06:49 AM
The trick is, put on a pair of latex gloves. Then put plumbers gloves on top of those. You can stick your hands in a frozen pond and they'll stay warm. The plumbers gloves keep any water from getting in because they go up your arm.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/14/me2ajy8e.jpg

aim4squirrels
12-14-2013, 07:14 AM
Everything breaks for me. I'm a destroyer. I use every thing a little harder than most.

My condolences to your wife, and your butt. :D

Dogfather
12-14-2013, 07:14 AM
Whenever I try to keep my hands waterproof in cold weather, they end up just as cold and wet from perspiration.