PDA

View Full Version : 2011 BMW Deep Sea Blue pain: hard or soft?

tssgery
12-13-2013, 12:00 PM
I recently purchased a used 2011 BMW Z4, with Deep Sea Blue paint.

Anyone have an idea if this is a hard or soft paint? There are some VERY slight swirls I'd like to remove.

Also, it's got the Kansas beige leather interior? any products that are specifically good or bad? I've got the The Wolfgang Cockpit Clean & Protect Kit and am hoping it's suitable.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-13-2013, 01:50 PM
I polished a 2011 328i in Deep Sea Blue Metallic and found the paint to be on the hard side. It took a bit of effort to get everything out.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/62793-bmw-mike-again.html

DetailedTaco
12-13-2013, 02:47 PM
From my experience, BMW paint is on the harder side. I have not worked with the Deep Sea Blue Metallic paint so I can't tell you how that paint will react. But generally BMW is on the harder side I find.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-13-2013, 02:54 PM
From my experience, BMW paint is on the harder side. I have not worked with the Deep Sea Blue Metallic paint so I can't tell you how that paint will react. But generally BMW is on the harder side I find.

Generally yes, BMW paint is on the harder side. But let's not forget the soft nature of BMW's Jet Black.

DetailedTaco
12-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Generally yes, BMW paint is on the harder side. But let's not forget the soft nature of BMW's Jet Black.

Very true. It so variable. Its crazy to think the Carbon Black that BMW produce was super hard, and yet on the same model car it can have soft paint the Jet Black.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Very true. It so variable. Its crazy to think the Carbon Black that BMW produce was super hard, and yet on the same model car it can have soft paint the Jet Black.

Imagine having having two identical 2011 M3's built in the same week with one being Carbon Black Metallic and the other one Jet Black.

What works for one wont work on the other.

DetailedTaco
12-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Imagine having having two identical 2011 M3's built in the same week with one being Carbon Black Metallic and the other one Jet Black.

What works for one wont work on the other.

Indeed.

tssgery
12-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the response guys, and the thread link. Some good reading there.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-14-2013, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the response guys, and the thread link. Some good reading there.

No problem. Let us know how it goes.