PDA

View Full Version : Minivan Interior Extreme makeover

Pages : [1] 2

knj
12-13-2013, 11:08 AM
This is my first write up of a job. I realize now that I did not take enough pictures all of these are from my phone as time was short.
This van was a referral from a current client, the owner of the vehicle said it had sat for a week and had some mold inside when he returned. It is their third vehicle that gets some limited use. I learned a valuable lesson with this van, always look at the vehicle before you take the job. I just had time to do the interior only.
Products used:
Various citrus based cleaners
LA Awesome
Meguiar's APC
Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer
Meguiar's Natural Shine
Chemical Guys New Car Scent

Bissell Little Green Machine, Rigid Shop-vac, Multiple microfibers and brushes.

So I open the door to this:

After Several hours:

All the cup holders looked like the picture with the loose change, I removed all I could and cleaned them outside vehicle after soaking them in a solution of water and cleaner.
Not all the embedded stains came out, about 95% did.

There was no evidence of moisture in the van, I was trying to determine cause of all the mold or whatever that was in the van. When I was taking the seats out I found a bowl of cereal under the seat. Not sure if it was the only cause but was all I found.
Customer was very pleased, told me I have his business for his other vehicles.
Thanks for reading.

rms64
12-13-2013, 11:13 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how people treat their (expensive) stuff. :confused:

Holy moly that was gross - very nice job on the cleanup! :props:

Pureshine
12-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Great work! Please tell me you got paid good for that one? I would've charged at least $200 for that!

DetailedTaco
12-13-2013, 11:15 AM
:eek: I hope you took the right precautions health wise. That looked nasty! Great turn around. Inspecting a vehicle is critical to determining the plan of attack and giving an estimate. Mold is something that I just don't mess with.

knj
12-13-2013, 11:15 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how people treat their (expensive) stuff. :confused:

Holy moly that was gross - very nice job on the cleanup! :props:

I was the worst I have seen, Thank you

knj
12-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Great work! Please tell me you got paid good for that one? I would've charged at least $200 for that!

Trust me he paid for that job.

DetailedTaco I did use a mask and gloves and all skin covered. Don't think I will take another one like this.

BlkHemiLTD
12-13-2013, 11:18 AM
That is just wrong!!!! As many of these interiors as I have seen in threads it still amazes me that people can let it get to a point like this ::SMH::

Great job though! I would be worried about what else he brings.

knj
12-13-2013, 11:28 AM
That is just wrong!!!! As many of these interiors as I have seen in threads it still amazes me that people can let it get to a point like this ::SMH::

Great job though! I would be worried about what else he brings.

His other two are both less than 3 years old, I hope they have not gotten to this point yet.

RFulmer
12-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Seems to be a trend lately with nasty minivans. This is about The third one I have seen just in the past couple of weeks.

miniSguy
12-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Have you used the Bissell a lot? How does it hold up?

I do about 3-5 cars a month and really can't justify a high-dollar extractor. I was also considering purchase of a steamer. Any thoughts on that?

Great turnaround on this van!:props:

VP Mark
12-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Great job!! I've had a few lately similar to this I've done write ups on here. They aren't fun but the before and afters always look nice!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

dcjredline
12-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Major turn around there, nice work

DetailedTaco
12-13-2013, 01:36 PM
DetailedTaco I did use a mask and gloves and all skin covered. Don't think I will take another one like this.

Good to hear. Mold is something I told my self when I started that I was just never going to touch. Just to nasty for me. :nomore:

andyo
12-13-2013, 06:00 PM
when i worked at a car dealer a vehicle came in and the ro said foul smell inside. it ended up beeing spilled milk from 2 weeks prior and the carpet was replaced. then detailed to get the smell out.

Bill1234
12-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Quick response, another forum member did a sedan with mold on the seats, there is a mold killer chemical , but I forgot the name