PDA

View Full Version : about to buy a pc.need help!pls!

cls
06-28-2007, 07:57 PM
hi everyone.im really thinking of getting a pc soon.im definitely an amateur since ive been detailing my 06 black car by hand(imagine the swirls).have a couple of question before buyingnow
1.i want to know if its really ok for beginners to use it.
2.do i need to practice it w an older car.(my brother's:) )
3.how often should i use the pc?is it just for polising and swirl removers?
4.will it diminish my clearcoat if i use it everymonth?(my car is a honda so i guess clearcoat is not that durable/thick compared to european cars)

hope you can help me guys.TIA:)

D
06-28-2007, 08:16 PM
1. Yes
2. Not really.
3. As often as you NEED to use it. You can use it for polishes, waxes, and sealants.
4. No reason why you should use it every month, unless you're using it to apply a wax. In that case, no it wont diminish your clear coat because Carnauba's dont really have abrasives in them.

cls
06-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks dan for the quick reply

D
06-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Not a problem. Just make sure you watch the videos before using it. Porter Cable Random Orbital Video Demo (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/video/)

cls
06-29-2007, 01:51 AM
ok thanks.already have the klasse twins.planning to get xmt series or ssr.what type of pads/color would you recommend for each product?thanks

ScottB
06-29-2007, 06:52 AM
very easy for novice and hobbist. Never polish more than necessary however. Once every 3-6 months is about average. Learning better drying and washing tricks should help to slow swirls.

cls
06-29-2007, 07:06 AM
how about kaio?how often should i use it?for a daily driven black car.btw,i live in a tropical country(summer and rainy season)