PDA

View Full Version : Steam cleaner and or extractors

Pages : [1] 2

A1Detail
12-12-2013, 09:45 PM
What kind of steam cleaner and/or hot/cold extractor machines are you using.

Andr3wilson
12-12-2013, 09:52 PM
I stick to steam

OnsiteDetailing
12-12-2013, 10:00 PM
I use steam about 99% of the time because it does a great job and the surface areas dry very quickly. I also have a Mytee HP 60 hot water extractor, but rarely use it. The Mytee does a great job at cleaning and has great water lift. My main concern about the Mytee is that, with all of my other equipment, I cannot fit it on the back of my truck, so I rarely take it on my mobile operations.

kjn
12-12-2013, 10:01 PM
I believe vx5000 is one of the more popular steamers and Mytee was popular till there customer service was brought up in a thread.

ShaunD
12-12-2013, 10:42 PM
I will start by saying that a steamer is a much more versatile piece of equipment than an extractor. Especially if you are going for quick turn around on upholstery with stains. I am starting to only use my Aztec Hot Rod(extractot) on carpets. Unless I have a vehicle for more than a day I will not try to remove deep stains with the extractor for this usually ends up with the stain sucking up from the foam under the upholstery. The steamer I have been using for several months now, is a lift off steamer mop. Will upgrade to the vx5000 in the coming year if my lift off steamer quites.

Extreme Radiance
12-13-2013, 06:28 AM
Guys

I am just starting my busness and in need of equipment to clean and remove stains from carpet and seats. I am not a mobile detailer.
I have no idea where to start or even the brand names for equipment.
What is the biggest bang for the buck?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

A1Detail
12-13-2013, 07:34 AM
I have a McCulloch steam cleaner and looking to replace my extractor. I have a sears brand extractor pretty old but still works.

BlkHemiLTD
12-13-2013, 09:45 AM
I have the Dupray Tosca its a little expensive but I justified it since I use the bejezus out of it in the house as well as the cars and it gets up to 316 degree steam, adjustable pressure, quality accessories, GREAT customer service. I actually called Daimer who sells the same steamer (a little different but still made by tecnovap) and then called Dupray and after talking with both sales people it was an easy decision. Dupray rep was very honest and answered all my questions perfectly ( I did A LOT of research before hand so I would know if they started blowing a little smoke) I am very pleased with my purchase and although I havent had any problems I am confident that I will be taken care of if it happens.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
12-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Steam.

Dupray Tosca.

Colinpd137
12-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Both, using Mytee Lite II & Mytee Firebird.. Although i'm regretting these purchases considering if anything ever breaks... i'm screwed.

Fast Eddie
12-13-2013, 01:52 PM
If you do a lot of interiors, your probably going to eventually want to get both. With the down right rat nasty interiors I get in my shop, my extractor is a must. I can get by without my steamer, but not my extractor. Thats personal preference though.

Extreme Radiance
12-13-2013, 05:01 PM
HF has a McCulloch for $119 PLUS 25% off coupon.
I found the coupon on retailmenot.com

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

David at LC Pads
12-13-2013, 05:07 PM
I have a Thermax CP-5 and its absolutely great. The 12 gallon version with dual pumps is very nice also. They aren't the cheapest but work fantastic. I decided to go with this over a Mytee based on the heaters. The Thermax has a boiler unlike the Mytees' in-line heater setup.

I will say that the one thing I like about the Mytee is the hose holder. Thermax doesn't come with one and although I know its pretty basic, I just haven't spent the time to make one.

OnsiteDetailing
12-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Both, using Mytee Lite II & Mytee Firebird.. Although i'm regretting these purchases considering if anything ever breaks... i'm screwed.

May I ask why?

U.C.D.L.L.C.
12-13-2013, 07:12 PM
I believe vx5000 is one of the more popular steamers and Mytee was popular till there customer service was brought up in a thread.
lol thats funny you said that