PDA

View Full Version : Need Help choosing to order some items locally. Which worth it?

Tato
12-12-2013, 08:25 AM
(If this topic is against the rules, first of all, I'm sorry for that).

Dear Friends,

(as everyone knows, I'm brazilian).

I need to re-stock some items and many of what I need (or similar) are available locally. If I get some items locally, I can save on shipping for my next AG order.

Here's the list, please, analyze the price and help me, with your experience, if any of those items worth the cost.

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid 16oz $87

CarPro Fixer 16oz $31

Collinite 845 Insulator $40

Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax $26

Meguiar's M66 (16oz) $28

Meguiar's M205 (32oz) $53

Meguiar's M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 (16oz) $37

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax (16oz) $74

Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel (16oz) $34

Menzerna SF 4000 (32oz) $76

Menzerna PF 2500 (32oz) $50

Sonax Tire Gloss Gel (16oz) $18

Mothers Reflections Tire Care Advanced (10324) $24

Lake Country CCS yellow 4' (unit) $16

Lake Country 5.5 flat yellow Pad (unit) $28

Chemical Guys Honeydew (16oz) $22

Simple as that, I just want who've used any of those products if any justify paying that high.

Consider for me, the advantages would be receiving in 2 days, shipping ~$20.

I'm afraid none would worth it..., but any help would low my AG order shipping quote.

Thank you very much in advance,

Kind Regards.

Klink10
12-12-2013, 08:50 AM
To be sure....the list is items you want that can all be obtained locally. Now the prices you reflect are local or AG and or it's affiliates (PBMG)?

Tato
12-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Hello, thank you for answer

Locally I mean 'in Brazil', but in another state, I will still have some shipping costs (~$20).

The prices are what I've quoted in Brazil.

Very tough decision...

Desertnate
12-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Are you saying you converted those costs from Reals to US Dollars for that list?

I didn't look any of your products up, but I know I purchased Collinite 845 from AGO for $16US a month or two ago.

If those are prices in US Dollars, you might be better off buying from...unless the international shipping is really expensive and the import duties are high. Timing is always the other factor. Can you wait for an international shipment. I'm sure it's much slower than ordering from another state in your own country.

Tato
12-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Hello, thank you!

Yes, those are actual prices (today's quote) converted from Reais to US Dollars (so everyone can give an opinion).

International Shipping quote is ~affordable (it dilutes over all products), however shipping time is killing me (not AG's fault - they ship really fast and package arrives in Brazil after 2 days from ordering... then it stays 2-4 weeks on customs clearance).

The question is, any of those products worth the price listed above to receive it fast, or should I wait for another international shipping?

Ordering all at AG I can save money on the long run, however I must wait an unpredictable time... In example, I need some Menzerna fast. Would one pay $76 for SF4000 or wait a month or more to get it?

What about the others?

I know it's a very personal decision, but based on other people thoughts I can make a more rational decision. Maybe order 1 or 2 products that may worth the cost. Help me!

Thank you very much in advance.

FUNX650
12-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi Tato...

There's an AGO forum member from Brazil that goes by the username DaC:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/dac.html

He had an interesting thread starter about sourcing local products: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/44119-dawn-difference-others-dish-soap.html
that began with a discussion of washing up liquids (WUL's)...
and wound up discussing other locally available products.

You may want to PM him about your specific issues.
He's a wealth of information regarding this subject matter IMHO.

:)

Bob

Tato
12-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Hello my friend,

Thank you, I've read all the topic and found it very informative as well.

Like they discussed on the topic you've proposed, ordering 1 bottle is not an advantage (only if it is a rare product that don't exists here, or a gallon of something, maybe).

However, ordering 5 bottles (more, better) at least is very good because shipping will be ~$50-60, diluting the shipping costs.

Like I've said earlier, in the long run and making the correct choices, I can save money ordering from AG (like I already do).

What I really mean in this topic is:

- For sure I will place another order at AG.
- If I can get any item locally (that worth the higher price), I can order something different from AG instead of what worth getting here.

- You, facing the prices as showed above, would you PAY for what product?

From what I see, only Menzerna PF 2500 (32oz) $50 is a good deal for me...

As an example of how I plan my orders at AG:

Meg's Ultimate liquid Wax: $22.99
With todays discount (12%) (I've ordered with 20%, 25%) = $20.24

Price in Brazil: $74

Shipping would be somewhere around 50$, but I need to order at least $100 (AG rules), so I'll get 5 units (or 4 additional products within the same price range).

5 x $20.24 = $101.2 = $151.2 Shipped. Taxes will be (60% over product + shipping).

Order total (Shipped + Tax) $241.92.

Total per Unit is $48.38, ~$25 less (per Unit).

In 5 units, that's a 125$ difference, for me, it's HUGE!

Even if I order larger products, with $100 shipping (this must be a large order), I can save on long run adjusting quantity of products.

Do you get my point?

The same 'calculus' for only one bottle would be $20.24 + ~$50 shipping (it always starts at ~$50, never $10, $15) = $70.24 + 60% (tax) = $112.39... huge LOSS...

Thank you again,

Kind Regards.